Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

I 'out German cars-d' a few German cars coming home.

What's the plans for the Rover then?

Let's put it this way: as Omegod said to me today, it has to stay on this forum, ideally. 

*Edit: and a pleasure to meet you too, Jon. It was a right laugh coming home and it didn't take long at all.

Now wait just a minute there, that car does not look like you could catch a disease from it by looking at pictures of it, so who are you and what have you done with Billy?

That car has been pretty well looked-after since it first came to the party; it's probably healthier than it was when it went for its first MoT!  That's what happens when you let a bunch of mad sods Autoshiters loose on it for several uninterrupted years.

As part of the bits stash that went to JohnK with my old white 216 were four new repair panels: two full outer sills and a pair of full rear arch repair sections. They're still with him (or Vulgalour?) I think, un-used, and may be worth tracking down because Chompy (RIP) told me they are no longer available to buy new. If any R8 deserves them, it's this 220.

As part of the bits stash that went to JohnK with my old white 216 were four new repair panels: two full outer sills and a pair of full rear arch repair sections. They're still with him (or Vulgalour?) I think, un-used, and may be worth tracking down because Chompy (RIP) told me they are no longer available to buy new. If any R8 deserves them, it's this 220.

Would be epic if she received a new set of outer sills, a genuinely brilliant motor that will be missed greatly..until the next time  :-D

Regards Chompy:  he is now formerly of this parish but still very much at large.

Regards R8 sills:  they're mine.  ALL MINE.  Given that I want to keep my R8 forever and the difficulty of finding the sills you'd have to drive a hard bargain to make me part with them.

Here's the dilemma:

Hatchback: Got one

Towing car: Got one

Car to use daily and abuse: Got one

Skip runner: Got one

Garage door blocker: Got three

Something boring/shit to offload to fund next boring/shit car: Got many

I'd feel guilty/wouldn't attempt to offload this outside of the forum because 1) it's almost an Autoshite family car and 2) it seems to me the sort of thing that would go to someone who wouldn't appreciate it for what it is, and would probably end up on The Force, Manchester being piloted by an uninsured twat throwing class A out of the window as he's getting legged by an unmarked Subaru.

Call me mercenary if you like, but I'd like to swap this for something more me (i.e shit) or do some sort of deal. It's got to stay within Autoshite and be offered up again on here, I know for sure at least one former owner is keen to own it again at some point. You never know what can happen when you don't own a vehicle any longer, and who can truly state what you want a buyer to do or not to do with it? I would insist the next owner is one of us though.

Hit me with suggestions/offers/whatevs.