Horrid Fiesta 05 TDCi ** SOLD IN RECORD TIME **

MrDuke

SOLD, LITERALLY IMMEDIATELY! Such is its desirability, I guess.

I was going to weight it in, but if anyone fancies a game of Russian roulette, or is just into the whole masochism thing, speak now.

It's a 2005 Fiesta 'Finesse' in blue, 5-dr, 1.4 PSA-derived diesel. 120k-ish. Literally no options at all, as far as I can tell. I'll try and get some photos tomorrow.

Good points:

• MOT'd until August.
  • Recent back box
  • Starts, runs and stops. (sometimes has issues with the first 2)

Bad points (take a deep breath):

• Looks terrible. Almost every panel has either a scratch or dent. All four 'b-pillar' door trims have been lost, and I never got round to replacing them, mainly because used ones are about £20 each. Also, no rear parcel shelf, and the rear seat catches have broken, so you need a screwdriver to lever them open.
  • Two of the ditch-finders are getting pretty low on tread.
  • Last MOT had advisories on body corrosion (don't know where/how bad) and corroded brake pipe (might be OK with rubbing down & proofing).
  • CD player (factory) on the blink.
  • Running issues. See below, they require a small essay.

So, as I posted recently, it has some issues.

Firstly, it's totally gutless compared to how it was a few months back, and seems to be getting worse. No torque at all, and embarrassingly slow at junctions and on sliproads.

Secondly, it goes into limp mode fairly regularly and flashes up 'EAC FAIL' on the dash. If you switch the engine off and re-start, it's fine again.

Thirdly, the starter motor occasionally won't turn. If you keep on trying, it will eventually behave, but takes a while.

Lastly, on cold starts it takes a good few turns before firing, and puffs out some foul-smelling white smoke.

I should mention that it has never, ever cut out or broken down completely, it just becomes ever more frustrating to drive.

Now, as far as I can tell, the best case scenario would be: new sensor/s, clear fault code/s, new starter, maybe new connectors on the wiring to the injectors. Worst case scenario would be: DMF failure, injector failure. Do ya feel lucky?

With the above in mind, I'm after £60* for it as is, and I'll stick the original steelies in the back for some extra weight should you decide to go James Brown.

I'm on Anglesey, but will be travelling to Stoke in the near future, so could deliver somewhere vaguely en route, in return for a lift to a train station.

*If the price of scrap should inexplicably rocket, so will the price of the car. If it goes down, the car's still £60.

Why I enjoy this forum - the more utterly fucking rank something is the greater the chance it has of finding a new home.

Concur.

Nobody would have bought that Fiesta I was selling in the summer had it NOT had a FUBAR'd axle.  Also, nobody would consider A Framing it from Cambridge to Newcastle either.

#JustAutoshiteThings