Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Electric nut runners.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   simmo

simmo

• Full Members
  • 1,298 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationHayes (Proud to have dumped our twin town by text)

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Another vote for Dewalt but invest in a 5ah battery some of the kits come with a four.

Re chrome sockets, if the chrome is flaky and you hold it on, as you gun it, it do hurt a tadge.

#62 ONLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 1,675 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

The dewalt cordless one i bought has an adjustable torque setting and on full whack will undo pretty much anything (no failures so far).
Downsides are the gun itself isn't too silly, £140 i think but you need to buy a battery and charger separately which is another £130, wank.

I bought a cordless drill/driver which included the charger and battery so it didn't feel so bad but i didn't REALLY need the drill so a false economy.

Yes i could have sold the drill for £60/70 or so bare but i really, couldn't be arsed 😂😂😂

Have a look for Floreon batteries when you need more a couple of people I work with have them and they say they are just as good as the dewalt ones

#63 OFFLINE   warninglight

warninglight

• Full Members
  • 286 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLake District

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

I have the big Makita 1/2" drive one with a couple of 4Ah batteries. I love it!

Just stripped down a V70 over the last couple of weekends and things like big hub nuts come undone easily even without knocking out the locking ring, the big subframe bolts out in a second each etc.

I also take it with me when I have the big trailer on going anywhere, as it'll make short work of changing a wheel on the hard shoulder. Always have my 3' bar to nip them up the last bit though, as you'd be amazed just how little feel you get from one.

I also have a Makita DAB site radio for when I'm down in the shed and need some 6 Music, thoroughly recommend!

#64 OFFLINE   dave21478

dave21478

• Full Members
  • 2,883 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

.... Always have my 3' bar to nip them up the last bit though.....

tumblr_inline_nog5m4UVp61ry6czh_400.jpg

Uh, most wheel nuts recommended torque is in the 60 - 80 lb/ft kinda range.....ie a hell of a lot less than most people think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users