COLLECTED: Rover 75 (Dealer 'Launch' Spec)

BorniteIdentity

So much WIN in so many ways. That is a superb looking motor car.

I've not* been looking at these for the past few days, signed up to the owners club and generally done my homework on them. I used to think they were okay-ish but now I realise that they are such a fucking superb car that I'd have a dozen of them.

I would like a launch one or one of the first Tourers, of which there is one on the 'bay right now.

rmjhjq.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-ROVER-75-CLUB-TOURER-SILVER-LONG-MOT-/172469644370?hash=item2827fdec52:g:Vg0AAOSwnHZYbPA6

Or this 75 saloon which is about 10 minutes from mine.

e9x0fa.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001rover-75-1-8l-twin-cam-Only-80k-/272517527192?hash=item3f734f7698:g:pf8AAOSwopRYdTox

Interestingly, it's 'sister' car, Y172 TGV is a ZT-T tourer, commission number 260 - a very early one.

Lovely! Im not far from you actually as only in Tavistock.

Was it a prototype or development vehicle?

blimey small world. If ever you are passing the kettles always on

This was a pre production one. I'm not sure if it was used in photos or anything. Maybe just used to test the machines. The only real difference was the hazard surround. Normally wood colour mine was black

(apologies for thread hijack)

Montytom, what do you make of the White saloon for sale by country classic cars in wiltshire? Ive had my eye on that a while too! I think it was shown earlier in this thread.

Very rare interior being the velour. The 2.0 v6 is a smoother unit than the 2.5 but it uses similar fuel for quite a bit slower car.

Manual means clutch issues and it's not a high spec one as it does not have any buttons under the aircon.

The garage has been spoken about on the 75 and zt club and they have not got the best reputation on there as someone bought a car from them with multiple issues.

The white is a lovely colour and most seem to be club or club se.

I would look the car over properly.

The cambelt may be due as they are 6 years or 90000 miles. The cambelt are tough it's just ssometimes the tensioner or waterpump fails.

Very rare interior being the velour. The 2.0 v6 is a smoother unit than the 2.5 but it uses similar fuel for quite a bit slower car.

Manual means clutch issues and it's not a high spec one as it does not have any buttons under the aircon.

The garage has been spoken about on the 75 and zt club and they have not got the best reputation on there as someone bought a car from them with multiple issues.

The white is a lovely colour and most seem to be club or club se.

I would look the car over properly.

The cambelt may be due as they are 6 years or 90000 miles. The cambelt are tough it's just ssometimes the tensioner or waterpump fails.

That's more or less the same conclusions I came to when I was mulling over 75s.

The interior really makes or breaks a car like a 75 IMO.

Sorry for being late to the party.  Is this still lying around somewhere?  There are 1 or 2 bits that I'd quite like if so.  Many yen awaits the owner.

Yes I have it complete apart from bonked engine. Mine is a tourer so anything that is saloon only is defiantly up for grabs, along with anything I don't need.

My ex-gaffer has six 75s, all diesels and all bar one are tourers. Having done many miles in most of his, the only one I ever got on with was his wife's Knightfire 51-plate CDTi auto tourer and even it felt claustrophobic. I dislike the manuals and I especially dislike the saloons but his 52-plate daily has something stupid like 240k on the clock and just keeps going.

My own opinion aside, they were definitely a high point for Rover and yours looks a peach. Well done!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well..........like many others one here I need to come out.......I have been looking at these on and off for a while and this thread has convinced me I NEED one. I was even prompted to message the seller of a too expensive one........only to find he had sold it

If anyone notices a dark green (or red) 2.5 auto with cream leather it would be ideal........

Lovely car Mr Bourne

Is the urban myth, that there is more of the E39 5 series to these than BMW would like you to know, just that or is there any truth in it?

Hilton Holloway (then of CAR) said he was told about the E39 floor pan by a senior Rover engineer. 

R40/75 foamers say it's nonsense and the hump in the floor pan is a strengthening ridge rather than for a propshaft. 

I don't know who's right. 

Hilton Holloway (then of CAR) said he was told about the E39 floor pan by a senior Rover engineer.

R40/75 foamers say it's nonsense and the hump in the floor pan is a strengthening ridge rather than for a propshaft.

I don't know who's right.

Is nonsense. The floor plan for the 75 is to completely different proportions.

There are bits of BMW in it, but the 75 was designed and engineered by Rover with BMWs money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is nonsense. The floor plan for the 75 is to completely different proportions.

There are bits of BMW in it, but the 75 was designed and engineered by Rover with BMWs money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Any documents stating that? 

Would be good to put the myth to bed once and for all. 

I know the one about the Steyr built BMW diesel engine being built in the same factory as BMW's M47 but none going into BMWs in R75 specification etc etc so calling it a 'BMW engine' is a bit of a stretch. 

I've spent too long on AROnline, basically.