COLLECTED: Rover 75 (Dealer 'Launch' Spec)

BorniteIdentity

Probably not helping that they are featured in Practical Classics this month as a "buy now before prices rise" pick. 

Indeed, it seems that the 75 is classed as a future classic......No-10 on this list from Oct 2016.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/classic/top-10-affordable-future-classic-cars/the-rover-75/

I need to get my one fixed....Alternator is not charging, battery warning light is constantly on...this is the year i will have the time to sort it out.

Here is my one...Lovely looking thing.

post-20267-0-13856100-1471704238.jpg

post-20267-0-02050500-1471704289.jpg

Oooof.  Yes.

Hadn't seen that.  Off for a perv. I work in Watford so not far to venture.  Hopefully the slightly ambitious price will keep people away until I can get there.

That's handy, be good to hear what its like. Rear plate has been a smiley plate at some point too as you can see the screw holes. History looks ok too low miles each year. 

Yes, just saw that.  I work in Kettering too - literally 30 seconds from where the dude lives.

I'd love a primrose one, but I'm not sure I could deal with being a poor man's ESSDEEWON

Haha!  Was that the X reg car with colour coded sills?  Maybe it has been resprayed.  Always worth checking the paint code on the VIN plate is FAH if you do find a primrose 75.

I would say go 2.5 V6 auto without lots of miles and ideally some proof of the belts being done at some point.

I will keep my eyes peeled, because a good one with bring much happiness.

Have you seen this one? Overspray on front bumper looks a bit of a worry & wing might have had a bump?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rover/rover-75-2.5-v6-connoisseur-4dr%C2%A3999-trade-in-p-x-priced-to-clear-1999-t-reg-/1200391244

Is that a launch car? Quite possibly.  I think its been for sale a while so you might get it cheap.

Give it a test, also check the fan kicks in after 96OC by using the on board coolant temp.  Worst case scenario stick the aircon on 'Lo' and switch off 'ECON' and this should give you some highspeed fan movement.

Does anyone have a link or any photos of a Crowley built 75 brochure PDF?

I quite fancy one but whilst the colour and interior don't bother me, I like my toys so would like to know what was available before I go looking for a car with spec that doesn't exist (for example did they ever come with auto headlamps and rain sensor wipers? Electric folding door mirrors? Bluetooth?)

I like the ZT, mates dad had a brand new 54 plate 2.5 V6 190+ with options and it was lovely but didn't feel as well built and classy as an early 75, would need to be a pre project drive one, with front fogs and the "Serpent" style alloys as those IMO are the nicest ones.

I went to Witney Auction tonight because a friend wanted a 55 plate 75 1.8 turbo that was going though. It is a nice looking car, he took the trouble to hear it start up and reported that it clattered very badly and even when started would not rev, so he did not bid. When we left the Auction the buyer had opened the bonnet and peering in!

Does anyone have a link or any photos of a Crowley built 75 brochure PDF?

I quite fancy one but whilst the colour and interior don't bother me, I like my toys so would like to know what was available before I go looking for a car with spec that doesn't exist (for example did they ever come with auto headlamps and rain sensor wipers? Electric folding door mirrors? Bluetooth?)

I like the ZT, mates dad had a brand new 54 plate 2.5 V6 190+ with options and it was lovely but didn't feel as well built and classy as an early 75, would need to be a pre project drive one, with front fogs and the "Serpent" style alloys as those IMO are the nicest ones.

Auto lights - no although I did see one advertised as having them recently , they were never available (I also saw a dealer advertising a diesel one as gaving had a recent cam belt change which of course is also bollocks)

Rain sensor wipers - yes on higher spec models or option

Folding mirrors, ditto - quite a few have been retro fitted as well.

Bluetooth - no.

There's some guy selling a pair of ultra low mileage 75s at about £9,000 apiece at the moment, I think he's slightly loose in the head.  You could bring an average mileage one up to equivalent condition at a quarter of the price.

SIT REP.

Wife is out for the night.

Unless I drink all of the booze from Christmas, I can't "turn my life around and start new year/new you etc blah".

Laptop is fully charged.

I've joined every facebook group within 100 miles of home, and am now perving the cars I've not yet seen.

Now if we could all just convince ESSDEEWON that he should sell to me, I can get an early night and not be hungover AF tomorrow.

Thanks for your help so far.  I'm so bloody determined to make this happen.