Autoshite Quote of the Year Thread 2017

cms206

Noticed how that prick TITMARSH is trying to "TALK PROPER" now his got a knighthood for sucking up to royalty.

How the fuck can anyone deserve a GONG for weeding LIZ's  garden.

Now he's thinkin he's a friggin antiques "expert" with the hoypaloy on daytime ITVs  MASTERPIECE ..........WONKER :shock:

Courtesy of our friend, Noseypoke.

http://autoshite.com/topic/28303-oh-no-another-one-of-those-boring-ggg-collection-threads-yawn-etc-etc-caution-renault-16-content/page-7?do=findComment&comment=1236496

So yes, it is a 1967 Renault 16.

Which makes it exactly the model before the one you can get spares for.

Junkman, from his Renault 16 collection thread.

Made me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway I've been told/reminded by the wife that I'm only allowed 3 cars maximum and just because one is a classic, I can't make up exemptions...

I do it all the time:

"I didn't buy it, it was given to me"

"It's a van"

"It's a motorcycle"

"Look, it's not a car, it's a tricycle"

"It's not a car, it's quality used spares"

"It's cheaper than hiring a car"

"I needed a car to get to the tip and I'm not insured on my dad's vehicle"

"The car in the drive isn't mine, it's Junkman's and he's just visiting"

• 2 weeks later...

BFG's reply to a much earlier question in SQA by Louise

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

1) Is it true that there are hardly any shared body parts between the Princess and the Ambassador?'

.. a spokesman from the Royal household declined to make comment on such allegations.

It took him a while to thinkup the reply but it was worth the wait :)

There's another problem with older cars ^  If you leave a job because of having to justify the cost-versus-return, you generally find you're stuck with a car you can never justify investing in the repair of.  That in turn gives you a car that's difficult to sell on because nobody else wants to fork out to get it fixed for the same reason.  The job will probably cost just as much now as it would have five years ago, the only difference is the car's financial value has dropped.  It's sentimental value has probably done the inverse.  If you like it and can't afford to replace it with something better, then fix it.  Might take a while to get the funds together, but sod the return you might get further down the line in the future.  If anyone sits down with all their receipts and looks at what they've invested in a car they quickly find they've lost money whether it's a £100 banger or a £10,000 classic.

Stop worrying about the financial return and fix the car if you like it (and can afford to, obviously) or sell it on and take the loss on the chin.  Also, never be afraid to compromise on cosmetics.  A working car you can drive and enjoy is worth far more than a buggered one with lovely paint.

• 2 weeks later...

This in Cort's MG thread. Under used words are the old disco biscuits.

I didn't think it would be my thing.I remember them being a bit of a joke at the time and if you'd said to me 1994 I'd be rubbing my trousers over one, a rough one at that 20 odd years later Id tell you to check your pint for disco biscuits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's probably an Autoshite first that something from an introductionary post of a new member

gets posted here, but this is just too epic:

I think my new mantra for Renault 6 repairs is "Almost everything is almost impossible".

I suppose it serves us right for buying a right-hand drive, front engined, front wheel drive car fitted with an engine and gearbox designed for a left-hand drive, rear engined, rear wheel drive car.

I think this would be too shonky even for a collective AS purchase.

I bet it's roofing felt that the underneath is repered with, with a big mlerm of hot tar to seal it all up.

Mostly for the use of the word mlerm, which ought to be but probably isn't in Roger's Profanisaurus.