Another ad! My 1987 Bluebird for sale (Sold!)

Spottedlaurel

Yes, me! Every car I own goes up for sale at some point, normally because I have a family holiday to fund or something... Mind you, I did manage to convince Mrs C to go to Malta a couple of years back. That was worth selling my Vanden Plas Allegro for...No, really.So the Land Rover's for sale. I haven't actually advertised it anywhere as I don't want to sell it. But if somebody bought it I wouldn't be too upset. But then, will I ever sell it if I don't advertise it? Probably not. Alas, my Mini isn't beige, although it is a City E. The colour is Eclipse Blue. I realised that when I bought a can of Nautilus Blue paint to spray the driver's door and it looked ridiculous.

Sold! Craig came and picked it up today, couldn't wish for it to go to a better owner.NC, don't know about fuel around town, I spend all my time in the countryside! I was getting just under 30mpg, tall gearing should help it on a cruise but I was always driving on lanes.

I pleaded urgency because I heard my name was being used in vain...Only joking. No idea - I just registered on Thursday having been a lurker for some time and 10 minutes later I was allowed in. A bit like going to the doctors, but without having to sit in a room full of people with flu first.The Bluebird's ace. I had a real chuckle in Halfords this afternoon when I got the lad behind the counter to mix me some paint up (my approach to the rusty bit inside the rear door shut being, in time honoured fashion, to hide it quickly so I can forget it's there). I'd given him the paint code and after about ten minutes of squirting various tubes into a paper cup he said "I've never seen a car this colour before"... Then he showed me. If only he could remember what he'd put in the cup I'd have bought three litres of it and spayed the whole car - I've never seen 'Metallic Puce' before but it'd sure suit the Bluebird. Second time round, he got it right, so on my day off tomorrow (hence being up so late) I'll be down the lock up with my paint pot and in a few days I'll post some more pics up here.And Nigel, thanks for making Mrs C and the boy feel so welcome - last time I took her with me to buy a car it was my 190e and the bloke selling it was a very odd fish indeed. He scared her... Your Bluebird is in good hands - it might even go to my dad to replace his Skoda Favorit, and there's no greater honour for a car than that as he's been, quite literally, clinging onto the wreckage for the past six years.Ian, mates rates on the Landie is £1000. If it goes on the LRO forum it's £1295! That includes 10 months' MoT and the Sony CD player...Craig

Yay, another happy punter! Glad you’re pleased with it Craig, sounds like it will have a useful role in life for a bit longer. Which is usually the reason I buy that kind of stuff, had a decent success rate so far:240K – still with Stuyizz, tucked away in his workshop awaiting attention.Laurel hardtop – with Iwan in Holland, the best possible owner for it.Camry – with Wuvvum, who had the pleasure of taking it past 200k.Starlet – bumped into Terry who I sold it to yesterday, he proudly showed me some pic’s and it’s just been given a fresh MoT.323 – still with Mat who I sold it to over two years ago, receiving a bit of attention after a minor bump I think?Accord 3dr – believed off the road, but possibly safely stashed on a farm somewhere.Accord 4dr – Mash’s winter daily. Now tentatively for sale?Galant school bike – Hirst’s daily, after a trip to the ‘ring and fame in PC.Hmmm, what next? House expenditure makes it unlikely I’ll be purchasing anything in the near future but I’m sure something else with elderly ownership, low mileage and suitably priced will turn up before the end of the year.

Please can someone tell me how to put pictures on this site as for soem reason I can;t work it out. Perhaps I'm just a muppet, but I want to put some pictures of my Bird up here...

Two ways Craig, Firstly if the picture is already uploaded to a flickr/photobucket kind of site then right click your mouse and copy and paste the code under 'Properties' to your message but with with in%20front%20and at the end.

i.e code

If it's still in your photo folder on your computer then i use a site called www.tinypic.com.

Just change the resize setting to message board and click browse and upload the photo, When it's finished just copy and paste the code that starts to your message.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks Trigger!

Right here goes:

Posted Image

Oooh, it works. Amazing.

Thought I'd stick some photos of the Bird on here after a day in Cheetham's workshop (a tin shed at the back of a local farm, costs me a piecemeal rent). After a tin of green paint and big polishing machine were brought into play it now looks rather special and that crusty bit isndie the door shut wasn;t crusty at all - after I tickled it with a rortary sander all I got was good metal - how often does that happen?

Took it to my MoT man and he said there's nothing there to trouble an MoT tester.

Overall, one of the best pieces of shite I've ever bought. Inicidentally, as a relative newbie I'm going to show off my cars on a different thread. All insults welcome. See you in a bit!

Posted Image

So good to hear it has gone to a good home!It's in a nice colour as well, won't find that shade in many contemporary car brochures.

Top work!, Looks nice, Sounds like it's gone to a good home.Looking forwards to seeing your thread load of shite now!.Your pictures have came out a bit small, did you change the resize setting to message board (640x480)?, That should make them bigger?.

Hurrah! I definitely think the colour suits it well but it was the interior that I always found particularly impressive, sumptuous even.After having not used it for a week or two I took it out for a spin the night before Craig collected it. Surprised me how brisk it was, the main thing belying its age would be interior noise levels. In many ways I think it’s more satisfying to drive than the Primera, but maybe I find the things that make a good driver’s car not particularly well suited to me?Craig, for your next trick you need to master posting images at a maximum of 800 doodahs wide. Look forward to seeing more pic’s of past and present stuff.BTW, someone rang me about the Bluebird after you’d collected it. Gave me some pleasure to say it’d been sold, he didn’t seem the right sort of person for it at all...