Fear and Loathing at SVM HQ

cms206

In other news I did some scrapyard raiding today so it now sports a fuel cap, OEM front floormats, a handbook & folder, a rear ashtray, a load cover and some other bits and pieces which were missing

LIKE. I like seeing/adding OEM things to cars that have them missing. My BMW has had this treatment as has Ma_Sterling's Micra and of course my Rovers.

Excellent! How does the car perform?

It pulls like a train! That said, the gearbox is pretty obstructive, first can be a bit of a bastard to select and overdrive is currently a little sketchy but it actually drives really well; it's only got 119k on the clock and has had loads spent underneath over the years so it seems in fairly good order. I still need to adjust the clutch up still but that can wait until during the week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am amazed the Philp building is still standing. It must have been like that for 10 years plus? Good location too. You'd think it'd be flats by now.

It lay derelict from maybe 2002 until about 2013, then they put a Costcutter in it. It closed in 2015 and moved down the road so it's been empty over a year again now. I expect it'll be flats before long too.

It pulls like a train! That said, the gearbox is pretty obstructive, first can be a bit of a bastard to select and overdrive is currently a little sketchy but it actually drives really well; it's only got 119k on the clock and has had loads spent underneath over the years so it seems in fairly good order. I still need to adjust the clutch up still but that can wait until during the week.

I hope to sample a 740 or 940 with a full pressure turbocharger one day, as The Wentworth was pretty rapid, even though it was a 2-litre LPT Dogmatic and was more or less an end-of-life vehicle; I imagine that a well-sorted 2.3 Turbo Intercooler with a manual gearbox would give quite a few Bavaritards a shock  :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

"Brake fluid like water", £55, presume that's for a fluid change?

I presume that you haven't the time/appetite to sort some of these things yourself, given other projects that are currently in flight?

Aye, more or less... too much to do, not enough time.