Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

Some cars seem to do that surprisingly well.

The Lada rarely seems to get much splattered on it, despite it doing just the same speeds as most things save for the 100+ club on the motorway.

The Renault 11 I had was by FAR the worst car I've had for it, especially the flat plate just above the radiator grill.

Used to find that after a couple of days commuting to college that I had to manually clean the windscreen as I seriously couldn't see out of it. The Pug 405 windscreen washer jets I fitted did help though.

This thread has me thinking as to what shite we saw when we had a two week holiday in Romania. Did Constanta, Bucherest and Brasov. I know I took lots of pictures of the transport shite which I can probably put my hand on and there must be a bag of pictures in the loft as well.

Oh, the year we went there ?

Two years after the revolution, 1991.

Holy f***ing shot balls - omgwtf - etc... truelly amazing job chaps. The gf has just sat glued to this as I play catch up...... she is half polish and did comment - with beards like that and a Romanian car they're in for a looooong trip. But did giggle when another 'pull' came up.

I'm now in the doghouse though - How come they can get a car all th way home like that and yours go missing only twenty kilometres down the road?

Fantastic, epic, amazeballs and other superlatives just don't do you justice. Thanks for a fantastic trip from the back seat......

Where's next?

Then we went to Bosnia and got fined for something. Not really sure what, but I'm very sure it wasn't a fine...

[...]

After another Police fine...

[...]

We started to get good at taking sneaky photos of the Police. This one stopped us, checked our documents, then got horribly embarrassed when the car inevitably wouldn't start. We sat on the grass and he eventually rode away...

[...]

We got arrested.

And you're definitely sure that 'Hub Nut' doesn't translate as 'ACAB' or something in various Slavic languages?

Just in case the sticker applied to the Dacia's rump had any bearing on your repeated contact with Da Law...

Still, old car + unconventional appearance = regular police interest, as my teenage self learned quickly.

What a tale, though! Once again, the boundaries of shite possibilities have been bent out of shape 4EVAH.

This place just keeps getting better and betterer.

Glad to see you made it home driving it, without need for RAC assistance and all in one piece. I am tempted to call dibs on it when you'll want to sell it, just to make it a round trip.

I'm sure DW and Cats would love the chance to reaquaint themselves with the plod again.

Keep the updates and pics coming please.

Howsabout popping up to Bergen, getting the ferry to Lerwick, then to Aberdeen and you can drop into shitefest on your way home. Should only add about 3000 miles.

Drive safely gents.

Sadly that route hasn't run for years, Immingham to Ebsberg is the most northerly crossing these days I think.

Back on topic - hats off to Cats and DW most impressive.

When you say bad how do you mean? Has he gone at it with a brush and some emulsion? Or does if just need a flat and polish?

Different bits seem to have been repainted in different ways. Some older paint seems to have cracked in places. Getting this car mint would be a complete nightmare that would result in a full respray I reckon. However, in the spirit of where it is from, and the limited resources of Dacia 1310 owners when these cars were current, I think I'm just going to try some local improvements with zinc primer and rattle cans, or touch up paint in places. There are some odd rust spots on the roof for instance.

Why all the police tugs? OBV not speed related- is it the supposed country of origin, the car or the look of the occupants? Some sort of anti-beard agenda?! At this rate the Dacia will be reduced to component form by customs.

It's mildly bewildering and depressing that honest shiters on a fun* road trip, exercising their right to personal freedom are basically being persecuted

Nobody likes the Roma, they both look out of place, the police are probably expecting to clear up every robbery/ theft in the area every time it gets stopped.

I have throughly enjoyed this collection, i feel a little disappointed that I cant keep checking to see where you are. Real credit to you both and massive thankyou for the entertainment it provided. I hope the mighty Dacia lives for many a year as testimony to your perseverance. Great job guys...

NOVA declaration completed. Am considering a pre-MOT next week to see what we need to sort out. Rear seatbelts ARE required in vehicles after 1986. It doesn't have any mounts, so my thoughts are seat removal for the MOT, but then get some belts fitted at a later date. Let's face it, they're not a bad idea are they?