Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

Bums. If I had read this thread earlier, I wouldn't have spent half-an-hour waiting outside the wrong premier inn, and then spent 20 minutes blatting round the M27/M3 at ludicrous speed to get to Winchester before Dolly and Cats collapse fast asleep.

Still, managed to get a bit of video of them leaving the port.

Welcome home to the pair of you, and well done for toughing it out.  I'd recommend an entire day of sleeping, followed by an entire night of sleeping, followed by doing things other than cars for a bit.  

I'm having amusing visions of you selling the car in the future, only for it to be bought by a pair of diehard bearded Romanians who do the return leg to repatriate it.

Have some time out - eat well, sleep well, be proud!

Welcome home to the pair of you, and well done for toughing it out. I'd recommend an entire day of sleeping, followed by an entire night of sleeping, followed by doing things other than cars for a bit.

I'm having amusing visions of you selling the car in the future, only for it to be bought by a pair of diehard bearded Romanians who do the return leg to repatriate it.

Have some time out - eat well, sleep well, be proud!

What's that? You recommend one day off and then driving to Aberdeen? Ok...

What a pair of legends! There's nothing I can't add that hasn't already been said but my hat is firmly doffed to both of you for not only attempting it but actually completing it!

Future Autoshitterions will be talking about this in many years to come and parents will read their children stories about the adventures of two hairly blokes and a rubbish old car who were hounded by the police on their epic journey like tales of folklore legend. This truly is a time to be alive.

Can I suggest that whoever organises Shitefest UK 2018 looks to do it sometime shortly after the convoy of carnage gets back to the UK? Then there will be a proper heroes welcome! I'd quite like to take part myself, but hate flying, don't have a lot of cash and have no idea if I'll have time.

Back the UK, It's a YES

Heroes Welcome, It's a YES

I'd quite like to take part myself, It's a YES

If I'll have time, It's a YES

That's four Yesses, Simon says well done

I can only assume that when Scooter penned their 1996 hit Back in the UK, they were writing about their own successful return from a daring rescue mission of some Eastern European chod.

Well done both of you, that is an absolutely heroic effort and I'm delighted that through all your hard work it's ended successfully. It's made tremendous reading here. 

But good curtains meant that I slept till 7 which was nice and felt like a lie in as it's 8am French time.

We fitted the new plugs which David (Talbot) kindly supplied and it is starting nicely when hot but still took some convincing first thing.

Just passed Flying Balloon on the way to Shropshire.

Thanks for all the comments and support.

Quite amazing to think that in just 10 days, you've put around 7% of this vehicle's total mileage on it!

Glad to hear the plugs have helped. I'm guessing the cold start issue is related to the ignition (or lack thereof) switch problem? Probably an easy enough fix, but only once you're home.

Speaking of which.. You must be almost there by now!

Hello chaps. I've just got home from work. Here's a couple more pictures from last night. Shame it was such a brief visit.

The car park at the Premier Inn was a bit of a squeeze.

post-20743-0-11513700-1528207101_thumb.jpg

But Ian parked like a pro even after eight days driving!

post-20743-0-39925900-1528207164_thumb.jpg

And that is a very distinctive nose.

post-20743-0-04205200-1528207225_thumb.jpg

Hope you're still going well, Wales can be a lot bigger than people think. I remember John Peel once said Aberystwyth is further away than anywhere else in the country, even if you're already in Wales.