Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

Communist monument already in plans.

I am sure bucketeer will show us the delights.

When I looked at Wartburg's, you could pretty much sell it when back and cover your costs.

Everyone will be welcome. I reckon you could do it on quite a small budget.

DW wouldn't it make a great feature to sell? Bangers from Bulgaria or similar? That way it would pay for itself.

That could work. provided we could both get time off at the same time.

Yes. Shouldn't be too much of an issue if a date can be pinned down in the next few months?

I'm liking the idea of a Lancia for extra brave points, although here's a thought: how much would a Lada Niva be?

Wartburg tourist for me please, this green one with lino is giving me the horn:

post-4715-0-67470000-1502308864_thumb.jpg

http://www.mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?topmenu=1&act=4&adv=11492757406877090

If the route comes back through Serbia that would be a good place to pick-up a nice Yugo. I was in Belgrade recently and there were some minty fresh Yugos around.

Count me in as a definite maybe for this caper ... I think barmatt  could be interested as well (provided he's drunk when asked)

Has anyone looked in to the boring side of this? Insurance, breakdown cover etc?

I'm definitely interested in this even though I'm totally sober at the mo, thanks Chris :P

I don't know how well me asking for Whitsun week off work would go down but given this much notice they'd just have to suck it up.

The way back would be people's choice. If people want to drive straight home then they can. If they want to wander back through the Balkans then more than happy.

I hope that if people want to come out for just the weekend then they can.

Will check with Alex that nothing logistically should stop the dates being doable, also will have a look into insurance for the drive home.

Wartburg tourist for me please, this green one with lino is giving me the horn:

attachicon.gif353.JPG

http://www.mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?topmenu=1&act=4&adv=11492757406877090

If the route comes back through Serbia that would be a good place to pick-up a nice Yugo. I was in Belgrade recently and there were some minty fresh Yugos around.

Leave my Wartburg tourists alone!

Im so tempted to join in the fun. Id more than likely drive there abd back though so if someone dont want to fly they can road trip with me and bring some shite back. I just fancy the drive!

If I were able to get some affordable insurance for bringing something back, this would be something that I may be interested in (if I can get the time off work). Much like DW, I hate flying.

I've got a tough one for you to find, Sam.

A Suzuki RG500 Gamma, sold between 1985 and 1987 approx.

They're hard to find for sensible money in Western Europe but there might be one or two kicking around over there.

I shall furnish you with copious quantities of strong alcohol if you can find me one.

:-)

x2 please.

Also copious. Possible a hug as well  :-)