Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

It's a 1990, so just after the revolution. 

I've just packed. One tiny case, containing a few choice tools and not many clothes, and my backpack, which I can't fill or it fails to meet the baggage limits. Have also packed another bag, which I intend to fill with clothes if I run out. Or I could find somewhere to wash them perhaps. Not quite enough clothes for the entire trip! That said, weather forecast looks scorchio, so at least I haven't had to pack any jumpers.

Problems continue. The distributor was changed today apparently, having been discovered to be one from a 1.3 engine. It has the 1.4. I've no idea if it makes any difference, but it now isn't idling very cleanly. Which means it hasn't been for its IPT yet. Which means I'm getting a little bit worried...

Just the right excuse for a trip down the nearest scrapyard, blag your way in using your best meerkat engleesh, locate and remove suitable Dissy, Simples.

I'm packed now.  The rucksack that was nearly small enough to be a carry on bag contains nearly enough clothes for 2 weeks, a charging lead for my phone and a reasonable toolkit.  It's still only 10kg though an x-ray of it is going to look interesting with various reels of wire, pliers and a timing gun.

My big rucksack is only a bit too big for carry on so is going in the hold.  My small rucksack currently contains my passport, hoodie and 2 booksbut will also have food added and is coming in the cabin.

Apparently there is a Boots and a Superdrug between security and the gate where we can buy shampoo and things that won't be taken off us.

With Ryanair? I'm expecting to be charged extra for wanting to sit down.

Anyway, I'm awake, hugely excited and it's still 12 hours until we fly. I also need to pack books. Forgot that!

Done four flights in a week with Ryanair at the start of May and tbh they were dead on.

One in the hold and one in the cabin which wasn't checked or looked at

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Re Ryanair baggage.

The "free" piece 55x40x20/10kg baggage that goes in the hold, still has to be lugged to the gate and has to get through hand baggage security screening. If it has anything that doesn't please security (certain tools), then don't be surprised if you get humped for a checked bag charge.

The supposedly smaller 35x20x20 free piece from previous recent experience isn't looked at if it isn't one of those sodding roller cases. I've had small holdall for years and it's far bigger than that, but it passes the cut as it's never packed to bursting (so it'll scrunch up a bit) and I keep it in weight.

If you watch at the gate, they go after anything with wheels to chuck in the hold, unless you've paid for priority boarding.

It's certainly sorted the overhead bin overcrowding caused by hard roller luggage.

Just endured a 30 minute Live Chat with Ryanair, 20 minutes of which was just the security check, so I could check knife limits. Turns out the maximum is a 6cm blade even in hold luggage! The knife I was planning to take has an 8cm blade, so I'm glad I checked. Knife changed. I mean, we need to defend ourselves somehow from the hordes of screaming females who will be desperate to get with two hunks in their sexy load lugger.