Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

Since posting a video teaser on YouTube about our plans, I've been warned by several people that Bulgarian cars can come complete with outstanding vignette debts, sometimes really big ones. Oh, and yet more warnings that Bulgarian cars are all ruined, and expensive. How exciting.

When you get to the Notaries office the seller has to declare all bills/fines ect have been paid,and he has the legal right to sell it in the 1st place..

Got anything in mind Ian?

Oh,thus popped up today if you're planning on visiting

post-8026-0-52119700-1525033498_thumb.png

I have begun the search for a car. The white Oltcit has been followed up on via a contact in Bucharest, but the seller is an elderly chap who just says 'come and have a look and if you like it, I'll MOT it.' Not really what I'd hoped for, because I want something good to go. I have a few contacts in Sofia now, though none are too hot on car buying. The search continues...

Nothing in particular Andy, though I've just discovered the Google Translate app thanks to Mighty Car Mods - actual live translations via your phone's camera! Now that is bloody useful. "What's this I'm signing?"

So Babel fish are finally real. Almost. Tis a shame Douglas Adams isn't here to see all this. Smart phones are essentially the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Need to know something? Just look it up on your phone.

Has been cropping up on my searches. I think I'm only interested in Eastern Bloc chod though. The practicalities of Two Smokes are making them seem less ideal, so Romania is big on my searches at the moment. I really do fancy a Dacia 1310.

I quite like these later facelift ones. It looks like they've tried to make a Renault 12 look like a Mk2 Capri.

210555813_3_644x461_dacia-dacia_rev001.j

That one is £570, is described as being without rust, and has only covered 15,000kms! I actually prefer the slightly earlier plastic front, but I'm not sure how fussy we can be. My latest Romanian contact has warned me away from 1325 hatchbacks, as they're all rotten apparently. Shame. I doubt there's one in the UK.

Has been cropping up on my searches. I think I'm only interested in Eastern Bloc chod though. The practicalities of Two Smokes are making them seem less ideal, so Romania is big on my searches at the moment. I really do fancy a Dacia 1310.

I quite like these later facelift ones. It looks like they've tried to make a Renault 12 look like a Mk2 Capri.

210555813_3_644x461_dacia-dacia_rev001.j

That one is £570, is described as being without rust, and has only covered 15,000kms! I actually prefer the slightly earlier plastic front, but I'm not sure how fussy we can be. My latest Romanian contact has warned me away from 1325 hatchbacks, as they're all rotten apparently. Shame. I doubt there's one in the UK.

After the 2 door the Estate would be my next choice.

It appears I'm quite close to a deal on a Dacia 1310 estate. That was a bit unexpected! The chap is winning me over because it has a BLUE interior, with blue tinted glass! Super-cool. However, the rear washer doesn't work, so it's not all good news. He's after about a grand. I shall sleep on this. 

While a part of me wants the blind panic of trying to find a car once we land, I can't help thinking that identifying a car beforehand makes life an awful lot easier.

Guest Hooli

I'll have this one please.

attachicon.gif55105942.jpg

I've spent several happy hours before going down Dacia 1300 internet rabbit holes and they really deserve their own thread. There's more bizarre ones than this out there.

That is fantasically shite, I'd love to see a traffic cop's reaction as it rolled up the M20 from Dover.