Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dacia shit(e) - Kiltox's 2017 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access!

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

Wonder what they'll cost to replace! Good though.
2005 55 Laguna 2.2 dCi Initiale Auto
1998 R Rover 216 Cabriolet
1996 P VW Golf 1.8 Auto (ex sporty-shite)
2006 06 Fiat Panda 1.1 Active (bridge time?)
2003 53 Renault Trafic 1.9 dCi (206k miles, just about works)

#62 OFFLINE   oman5

oman5

• Full Members
  • 2,205 posts
  • Locationsouth wales, butt.

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:01 AM

My wife's Sandero was bought brand new in August 2013. It's the 1.5 dci and we have honestly never had a minutes trouble with it. Nothing. It continues to provide sterling service, insanely good mpg, etc etc. The annual service at the dealer is £150, we keep that up because we took the extra extended warranty because we knew the car would be a keeper. It passed the first M.O.T with no drama. There is no rust anywhere, nothing has fallen off, nothing to make you think "that's why it was so cheap".
In my book, these things are an absolute bargain. Who cares about bloody texture of interior trim anyway?
  • privatewire, forddeliveryboy, tooSavvy and 2 others like this

#63 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,353 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

There is no rust anywhere, nothing has fallen off, nothing to make you think "that's why it was so cheap".

Because they did not fit a massive screen stuck in the middle of the centre console that connects to your phone/DAB/sat nav/etc, didn't bother with soft-touch plastics, minimal options and colours and used all the electronics gubbins out of an old Clio with a few changes to make it comply with modern regs.
  • Lacquer Peel and ShiteRider like this
  • 2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner.
  • 2005 Renault Laguna V6 Initiale - The surprising reliable runner and wolf in sheep's clothing.
  • 2005 Saab 9-5 Vector - The [gearbox] banger.

#64 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:09 AM

Tempted to buy said massive screen (Renault MediaNav) and fit it though!

#65 OFFLINE   pilninggas

pilninggas

• Full Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBrizzle, Engerland

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

My wife's Sandero was bought brand new in August 2013. It's the 1.5 dci and we have honestly never had a minutes trouble with it. Nothing. It continues to provide sterling service, insanely good mpg, etc etc. The annual service at the dealer is £150, we keep that up because we took the extra extended warranty because we knew the car would be a keeper. It passed the first M.O.T with no drama. There is no rust anywhere, nothing has fallen off, nothing to make you think "that's why it was so cheap".
In my book, these things are an absolute bargain. Who cares about bloody texture of interior trim anyway?

The real question is 'how the hell have all the other manufacturers managed to jack up the prices of cars so disproportionately to wage increases over the last 2 decades?'.

Then i remembz

-badge snobbery

-pcp

-keeping up the with the jones'

-installing tat you dont need

etc etc.

• forddeliveryboy, oman5, New POD and 3 others like this

Shite formerly owned: Primera renault 11, peugeot 405, renault 19, renault laguna x3, all more shite than the previous one), kia clarus, mondeo, jeep cheroshite.

Shite at present: New Autoshite Gold -  A 64plate DACIA DUSTER ACCESS: to quote a widespread takeaway - i'm lovin' it....

Shite taxi'd: 406, fried montego, vectra, fiat-house-on-wheels.

Moto-shite owned: [un]superdream, simson SR50 (east german thingy), cb250rs, jinlun (china-shite), diesel powered yamaha in bits at the moment. Not motoshite owned: ZR50, RXS100 x 2, RD350YPVS, FZR1000 x 2, TDM850, XV535, ZX6R, XJ6 x 2, FZ1S.

#66 OFFLINE   oman5

oman5

• Full Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

Because they did not fit a massive screen stuck in the middle of the centre console that connects to your phone/DAB/sat nav/etc, didn't bother with soft-touch plastics, minimal options and colours and used all the electronics gubbins out of an old Clio with a few changes to make it comply with modern regs.

Well it's the laureate so it does have said screen stuck in centre console with phone connectivity, sat nav etc. Along with air con, cruise control, trip computer etc. I really meant as regards build quality, When we bought it, we looked at fiestas and corsas for comparison. Both diesel versions were 5 grand more expensive, seems a lot to pay for less equipment but softer plastic, and I don't regard Ford and Vauxhall as premium brands. Depreciation not a concern either, we're not selling. Also, carrying over of parts from previous generation cars has been going on for a very long time..look at the long and varied career of the ford Kent crossflow engine for example.
  • Lacquer Peel likes this

#67 OFFLINE   MattLikesCars

MattLikesCars

• Full Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • LocationSouth West Scotland

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

I wonder what the lowest spec base model car out there is apart from the Dacia range these days

No Daihatsu (and thus no Perodua) for us anymore, I'm going to have to Google Proton UK because I have no idea what they've been up to in recent years* so, Suzuki? The new-ish Celerio starts at £6999 but is smaller than a Sandero. It will be interesting to see how they price the new Ignis.

* Fuck all, that's what. Their UK website won't load and their Facebook page hasn't been updated since November 2012 yet Wikipedia suggests they launched a new car in 2013, that they were busy making six new engines in 2015 which will be put into production later this year and that early last year they got a 27 million quid loan from the Malasian government part of which stipulates they have to partner with a foreign auto maker. I guess everyone at the UK office got fed up and stopped going to work?

Beetle%20Card%20Clear%20Background%20V2_

#68 OFFLINE   oman5

oman5

• Full Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:18 AM

I'm sure I read that Proton was finished in the U.K.
  • tooSavvy likes this

#69 OFFLINE   tooSavvy

tooSavvy

tooSerious x far..!

• Full Members
  • 3,506 posts
  • LocationWallsend on Tyne

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

Deederr than a deeded thing....

Someone here couldn't give away a tidy 09 5door recently ??

Saw it 'on the forks'/he kept the wheels&tyres.

TS

Damn! I have broken my heir line......

Wallsend?.....it's not the End of the Walled ;<)

caravanning.jpgSUCKS

#70 OFFLINE   New POD

New POD

• Full Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

The real question is 'how the hell have all the other manufacturers managed to jack up the prices of cars so disproportionately to wage increases over the last 2 decades?'.

Then i remembz

-badge snobbery

-pcp

-keeping up the with the jones'

-installing tat you dont need

etc etc.

The auto industry beat their suppliers down on cost more than Tesco beat farmers, but suppliers can survive by using the same technology in products packaged for as many brands as possible to get volume (which brings cost reduction), whilst pretending through high list prices that the PCP monthly payment is an absolute bargain.  But if you buy a £22K civic, there is no reason to suggest that the cost should actually be much different than a £16K focus, (or a £7K Sandero with some extras) so how much "interest" are you really paying on your 0% finance deal ?

Classic lean Manufacturing waste reduction, categorises activity into Value added and None-Value added.  I would suggest that where buyers have Yorkshire DNA, they have categories like Essential (brakes, steering wheel, a heater, seat belts, a spare wheel) and Pointless (Satnav, Electric Windows, cupholders, leather seats, colour coded bumpers, alloys) and Nice to Have (ABS, Working Aircon, central locking).  Fortunately for some companies, MOST Buyers are more Modern Hyacinth Bucket, and NEED the following : Brand Image.

• Lacquer Peel, pilninggas, scdan4 and 4 others like this

#71 OFFLINE   fordperv

fordperv

• Full Members
  • 5,563 posts
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

I think he picked his battles well when I said "I want a Duster Access, I have a part exchange and I want to finance the balance on HP" - making enough money out of me I guess so everyone's happy

Better than our local Renault dealer, mrs fps dad went to look at one and the salesman was an utter arse not interested etc so he went to bury and got a year old one from the dealer there instead as they bent over backwards and were very helpful
Sir slidealot, knight of the roundabout

#72 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

The auto industry beat their suppliers down on cost more than Tesco beat farmers, but suppliers can survive by using the same technology in products packaged for as many brands as possible to get volume (which brings cost reduction), whilst pretending through high list prices that the PCP monthly payment is an absolute bargain. But if you buy a £22K civic, there is no reason to suggest that the cost should actually be much different than a £16K focus, (or a £7K Sandero with some extras) so how much "interest" are you really paying on your 0% finance deal ?

Classic lean Manufacturing waste reduction, categorises activity into Value added and None-Value added. I would suggest that where buyers have Yorkshire DNA, they have categories like Essential (brakes, steering wheel, a heater, seat belts, a spare wheel) and Pointless (Satnav, Electric Windows, cupholders, leather seats, colour coded bumpers, alloys) and Nice to Have (ABS, Working Aircon, central locking). Fortunately for some companies, MOST Buyers are more Modern Hyacinth Bucket, and NEED the following : Brand Image.

I'm with you there, two of my neighbours rent their houses and have flash cars, big televisions and 10 holidays a year. One 65 plate merc "owner" asked me why I bother fixing old stuff (my xj x350 had wishbones for MOT) is it because I (inferred skint) am watching my budget?

I replied it's because I don't have a mortgage on my houses that I own outright and have more sense than money. Cheeky bstards.
  • neil1971, pilninggas and timolloyd like this

#73 OFFLINE   Barry Cade.

Barry Cade.

• Full Members
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationWear the fox hat

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

I like them a lot, never had one on my truck, or attended on roadside.looked after a few when I was spannering and never any issues and straightforward to work on. I think the Duster is a very handsome vehicle too, especially in brown.
  • KruJoe, Lacquer Peel, Kiltox and 4 others like this
2003 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto Monogram
2002 Saab 9-5 2.3 Turbo Auto wagon
2004 Fiat Panda Eleganza
1998 BMW Funduro
2001 MGF VVC

#74 ONLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

I'm with you there, two of my neighbours rent their houses and have flash cars, big televisions and 10 holidays a year. One 65 plate merc "owner" asked me why I bother fixing old stuff (my xj x350 had wishbones for MOT) is it because I (inferred skint) am watching my budget?

I replied it's because I don't have a mortgage on my houses that I own outright and have more sense than money. Cheeky bstards.

What an arse. I'd have told him to keep his nose out!!

It's your business what you do, you ought to have asked him what the point was of renting a car he can't afford for £350 a month.
  • AMC Rebel and jamiewilson like this

#75 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

I'm too polite and he's a big chuffer!
  • Mad Cyril and stephen01 like this

#76 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

Should know a build date today hopefully

#77 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 21,719 posts
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Can you fly out to Romania and drive it home from the factory? Like VW's 'Pez sweets dispenser' thing in Wolfsburg.

• mat_the_cat, beko1987, Tickman and 2 others like this

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

#78 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Can you fly out to Romania and drive it home from the factory? Like VW's 'Pez sweets dispenser' thing in Wolfsburg.

That would be ace

#79 ONLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

I'm too polite and he's a big chuffer!

Tell him you are an expert in Origami so he'd better watch it.

#80 OFFLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

Ebay relists are all my fault. Ha Ha Ha!

• Full Members
  • 3,694 posts
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

I always thought the Duster looks a bit odd but I can't put my finger on why.
I think it is the wheel arches.

Those steel wheels look great. I even found myself liking the steels on some sort of Bini I saw the other day.

Steels are the future.
  • forddeliveryboy, Asimo and pilninggas like this
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

#81 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,353 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:47 PM

Steels are the future.

© 2017 AutoShite. All rights reserved.
  • garethj, tooSavvy, Joey spud and 3 others like this
  • 2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner.
  • 2005 Renault Laguna V6 Initiale - The surprising reliable runner and wolf in sheep's clothing.
  • 2005 Saab 9-5 Vector - The [gearbox] banger.

#82 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

The salesman even laughed at himself when he mentioned alloy wheel insurance
  • Lacquer Peel and BorniteIdentity like this

#83 OFFLINE   pilninggas

pilninggas

• Full Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBrizzle, Engerland

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

The salesman even laughed at himself when he mentioned alloy wheel insurance

and I thought the mongiest thing on the sales sheet was GAP insurance. I live and learn.

Shite formerly owned: Primera renault 11, peugeot 405, renault 19, renault laguna x3, all more shite than the previous one), kia clarus, mondeo, jeep cheroshite.

Shite at present: New Autoshite Gold -  A 64plate DACIA DUSTER ACCESS: to quote a widespread takeaway - i'm lovin' it....

Shite taxi'd: 406, fried montego, vectra, fiat-house-on-wheels.

Moto-shite owned: [un]superdream, simson SR50 (east german thingy), cb250rs, jinlun (china-shite), diesel powered yamaha in bits at the moment. Not motoshite owned: ZR50, RXS100 x 2, RD350YPVS, FZR1000 x 2, TDM850, XV535, ZX6R, XJ6 x 2, FZ1S.

#84 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

and I thought the mongiest thing on the sales sheet was GAP insurance. I live and learn.

Depends how often you smack kerbs I guess - plenty of new cars out there with very knackered looking wheels!

#85 OFFLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

• Full Members
  • 3,694 posts
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

Depends how often SHE smack kerbs I guess - plenty of new cars out there with very knackered looking wheels!

:-)

*runs and hides*
  • Kiltox and BorniteIdentity like this
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

#86 OFFLINE   WilsonWilson

WilsonWilson

• Full Members
  • 7,531 posts
  • LocationUtopia

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

Alloy wheel insurance? Isnt that also known as Car Insurance?
  • Lacquer Peel, BorniteIdentity and rantingYoof like this

#87 OFFLINE   IainL

IainL

• Full Members
  • 5,199 posts
  • LocationBonnybridge

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

Interesting thread. We nearly bought a Duster about 3 years ago but a certain financial catastrophe put paid to that.

In the same boat as Kiltox now, we will have a PX come September when the finance is up on the Chevy. Wife really likes the Duster and I was keen on the old K4M Renault engine, moreso now that I have a 157k Megane with the K4J fitted which still runs great.

Good to see there are no real horror stories.
2012 Chevrolet Aveo 1.2LT
2000 Corsa B
2003 Astra Coupe
2001 Renault Megane MK1

#88 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

Alloy wheel insurance? Isnt that also known as Car Insurance?

If you claim on your car insurance for a kerbed alloy you'll probably not be able to get a sensible insurance quote for long!

#89 OFFLINE   WilsonWilson

WilsonWilson

• Full Members
  • 7,531 posts
  • LocationUtopia

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

Windscreen insurance is covered on car insurance and doesnt increase your premium when used. Not on my policy anyway. Just a £50 exess.
If you claim on alloy wheel insurance when you kerb an alloy will that premium not go up too?

Braking down to insure specific parts of a car seperately sounds like tge thin end of the wedge to me.

Does sir want to have his wheels insured?
Would sir like the insurance for paintwork?
I would recommend taking out insurance to cover the keys. And of course the In Car Entertainment equipment.

We used to call it car insurance and not kerb our wheels. I think.
  • Lacquer Peel and Nibblet like this

#90 OFFLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

• Full Members
  • 3,694 posts
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Probably because I've been reading this but I just went for a quick drive to the tip and the post office (about 5 miles) and I saw at least 4 Dusters.
Including a white access and a blinged up metallic one with a private plate.
Or maybe it's because I live in the Fens.
  • pilninggas likes this
Pete M wrote:

Des wrote:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users