Odd Looking and Odd Cylindered Beast from the Far East | Fucking Rubbish

overrun

Diss lad tinks dat cur is foyne so.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161228-224818.png

The beeps and bongs are the same on the pre-facelift like mine, and the anti-hijack guff! Cos they must have came over with no alarms and have had Cat 1 Cobra's fitted so they can be insured, at a guess.

If you do find yourself trapped in the back of one with a dog cage, worry not. You can flip the rear seats forward from the lever just in front of the wheel tubs.

I forgot about the steering on mine, it is very vague in the centre, as with many steering boxes/4x4's, but I never noticed having to turn it loads.

It is stiffly sprung, too. But I like that in cars.

One over the road from my gaff. Silver, 06 (maybe?) and looks great, better than the Range Rover directly opposite me that is permantly going wrong (322 with a BMW 4.4 piece of crap under the bonnet - just had a new timing chain at mrotgage money).

Well bought, much like from me. :)

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I like rugged 4x4s, and this seems to be a modern rugged 4x4 that isn't a land cruiser or hideously expensive. I don't think it's badly proportioned either.

Are these 7 seater?

Also I adore mechanical injection in a diesel :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Just had a run round the block in this. Its epic even just from the passenger chair.  Like sitting in a gentlemans club next door to a chippy, you can have a gentle conversation about micro-economics, enjoying the lovely smells and comfort, then you boot and it sticks its nose in the air and growls like a ferocious Tiger shouting into a brass instrument.

14/10.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I like rugged 4x4s, and this seems to be a modern rugged 4x4 that isn't a land cruiser or hideously expensive. I don't think it's badly proportioned either.

Are these 7 seater?

Also I adore mechanical injection in a diesel :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it is comfortable and refined, yet tough where it matters. The looks have certainly improved with age.

This one is a 5 seater, but they are all geared up to accept the third row of seats.

Cheers for the kind words, everyone. :-D

As WilsonnoƨliW alludes to, she is now running on SVO. 40L of Costco's finest KTC (takes me back to my older diesels, years back).

79p per litre feels great.

I loshed 40L of veg in with around 10L of diesel and have covered 70 miles, with her running like a new un!

20161229_165634_zps6s90vfhv.jpg

20161229_170412_zps25efooyu.jpg

Ssangyong sez Om Nom

20161229_170347_zpsakn3luti.jpg

With the label still attached, the Poundland funnel (gauze gouged out with key) propped itself in there nicely

20161229_165853_zps2eetnxoi.jpg

Filled it up in the retail park with several bemused onlookers, for extra pikey WTF points (and to save making a mess at home)

Also, called in my mates to be met with further approval, and he showed me how to get the radio display colour from this

20161229_130834_zpsa9ezh5se.jpg

20161229_202612_zpsbejwjmfv.jpg

To this - I hadn't realised that the Blue/Red/Green options allow you to dial in your chosen hue. To be fair, I only checked when driving.

So now it basically matches the dash. Which is nice.

womble should buy one of these and buy a nice holiday home somewhere with the change

Or this could also be the holiday home. You'll not be squashed inside, and who wouldn't want to be enveloped in sumptuous velour, WITH ADDITIONAL BOOT MOUNTED 12V POWER SUPPLY? I ask you.

I want to buy this so much that my barse aches.

These have always been a slightly guilty pleasure of mine, I do fancy one but I can imagine it'd be an arseache to get rid of when I get bored.

This forum is influential or I'm easily led.  4wd is not my thing.  Now I'm thinking 'hey, that Ssangyong is rather nice' and then I got to the Daewoo and its gawky looks started to grow on me.  Thank god there's no room outside for another vehicle.

Very well bought.  You won't catch me saying that very often for a Chelsea Tractor.  Perhaps it's the Korean connection (I've been enjoying sliding around in the Stellar for the last two days because my 205 is about to blow another hose).