2004 Ford Fiesta 1.4 petrol - £250 - Cheltenham

Kiltox

82k miles, MOT May I think.

EML is on for a misfire but it doesn't actually misfire very often any more. Think it's leaking core plugs fouling the leads with water.

Has an oil leak from the rocker cover

Paint is rough (swirl marks) but a good buff would sort it

Recent timing belt and aux belts.

£350, Cheltenham. Can pick you up from the station.

Can't find photos at the moment but I'll take a couple shortly. Here's an interior shot with the very subtle mats

post-17393-0-00773700-1482854162_thumb.jpg

May not be the core plugs leaking. It could be water leaking in through the washer jet holes on the bonnet. This then nicely collects around the plugs causing a misfire. My wife's fezza of similar vintage did the same. Fixed with bathroom sealant under the washer jet outlets. Common problem apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

These are/were my mates fave cars to mot as he reckons their well put together and easily accessible.

We made a few bits for these back in the day and the tolerances of parts were tightened up so it rings true.

Missfires now scare me though, especially after a coilpack* on my zaff turned out to be cyl 3 no compression 😩😩😩

Just to upset everyone I hate them. The pedals being in the passenger footwell instead of in front of the driver fuck up my bad RH knee so quick that I'm limping after a 20 min drive. Plus even our Caddy is quieter on main roads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...