SWOP SWAPS SWOOPZ: 406 for Vectra

Cavcraft

This 406 of mine (2002 2.0 HDi manual) has been a great car. Pretty good on fuel (41mpg minimum, according to the computer) very reliable and dead comfortable

pug406td.JPG

No advisories last MOT and I've replaced a couple of tyres on it. Can't think of a thing that doesn't work, the driver's window can sometimes take a handful of goes on the switch to make it work, but it's been better since I replaced it with a second hand one.

It's got a towbar and electrics, not tried them but my mate (who I got this off) used to tow his caravan with it so I don't expect any problems.

I think it's on about 139,000 miles or something, will have to check. Never not started and never given me any trouble. It's quite dirty and has a couple of scratches and dents (one in my ownership) and it's cam belt roulette I'm afraid.

The upper parts of the back seats fold down, quite a clever idea, and it's got 4 electric windows and a nasty aftermarket CD player. 

MOT Feb, taxed to get home. The handbrake works but he did say it could be better, he reckons the troublesome rear handbrake plate arrangement (is that even true?) has been done but they need adjusting. How true that is I don't know.

Anyway, it's been ace but (like a kn0b) I miss my old Vectra. That's daft really as the Vectras are a bit sort of rougher to drive and less comfortable. I just prefer the sort of more hooligan feel of them. So, if anyone out there has a CDTi (ideally 1.9 150 or a 3.0), or a 3.2 petrol Vectra and wants a deal or swap, get in touch. Must be hatchback or estate and ideally manual. Don't want a 2.2 and not overly keen on the 2.0DTi.

This 'advert' will probably sink quicker than a bog paper replica of the Titanic in a storm.

Is it swoop only or are you selling it for cash monies?

Good question. It's mostly my daily at the moment, so I'd have to try and find a replacement, but I've got a van and two other cars. So in a very roundabout way, it could be for sale.