The crying pumpkin.

garbaldy

Since John is now home safe and sound I can now add this pic.

I decided to sell this on a wim and as it took ages to sell the last time I stuck it up with no real need to sell, big mistake as I had more interested parties than I ever imagined, a deal was done and lightening fast collection agreed plus I broke my payment by electric airwaves virginity,

So here's the happy victim I mean new owner as he set of on his long way down,

post-3747-0-48195600-1483826345_thumb.jpg

So it's back in Enlandshire and I will miss the old gal for sure,

This now sticks me with a bit of a dilemma I have a spare insurance policy that I don't want to cancel before finding something else.

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm...

How difficult can it be to replace that abysmal tugboat anchor with something acceptable?

Not at all bad if you are any good at electricity transport.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170107_110628905.jpg

Been giving this some thought.  Nowt wrong with the Diesel motor - but a pez v8 would be rock.

Trouble is, Rover v8s seem to be expensive for anything any good.  Also I'd need to put back a lot of electronic wizardry.  "No problem" I thought - how about a crate 350 Chevy and make a sort of Overfinch - but then I realised that due to the age it is it probably needs the Cats in the exhausts and I dunno how easy that is to do.  Also I have serious doubts that the various transmission bits could cope with the power - and then it all starts to look expensive.  I'd love to put it back to entirely factory spec but I fear the time/budget won't allow.  

It's a lot of fun to drive though and I will soon use up my 5k miles allowance on the classic policy (ftps permitting of course) - so far only the fan belt has dropped off and since that was outside my Ma's and I could easily fetch another car I don't really count it.

I think the torque from that would finish off what's left of the transfer box.  Anyway, if I'm having diesel I'll stick with this 200 TDI - it's just if I was going back to pez.  

Would quite like to get the aircon back too - but I think that may be a vain hope.  It looks like a serious system though.

If that engine bay loom is the only thing chopped and an engine was sourced with full loom then it shouldn't be that bad, apart from the noise the auld gal drives okay really.

And on a lighter note you have just reminded me that I still have this insured 😚 best get my arse in gear and find a replacement.

If that engine bay loom is the only thing chopped 

Based on the rest of the wiring I'm betting it isn't :)

I did marvel at the apparently random switch in the cubby box thinking "what hacker put that there?" until I did some reading and found it's the factory fitted switch to disable the air suspension.

Thinking about it, there would be work to do on the fuel tank too - no doubt the EFi V8 has an in-tank pump.