1987 E28 BMW 520i £1650 Dunfermline

DodgyBastard

Are you really in Buckinghamshire? I have an E32 and E30 that are running based in Buckingham, if they are any good.

I am in Buckinghamshire but I'm also taking the piss.

Have you seen FOAD's post about how a bunch of tosser journalists treated his Samara? If you put two and two together you'll understand my humour.

I bought one just like this - but cleaner - for £40 on Ebay in 2007. Cosmos blue 520i manual, drove it back 50 miles. It had shagged front dampers and needed a mechanical fettle. It was a D plate as well. The battery was wankered too and once it had been fuelled I drove home in one go. Got back, turned it off and the battery still wouldn't live. 

I wouldn't have given £1500 for it now mind.

I bought one just like this - but cleaner - for £40 on Ebay in 2007. Cosmos blue 520i manual, drove it back 50 miles. It had shagged front dampers and needed a mechanical fettle. It was a D plate as well. The battery was wankered too and once it had been fuelled I drove home in one go. Got back, turned it off and the battery still wouldn't live. 

I wouldn't have given £1500 for it now mind.

Very good, I'm not sure what relevance it has to my for sale thread but I never really expected anyone on here to take an interest in it or want to buy it.

Very good, I'm not sure what relevance it has to my for sale thread but I never really expected anyone on here to take an interest in it or want to buy it.

Just commenting on how cars that were worthless 10 years ago are now valuable. It happens. I had penniless dreamers on here offering me all kinds of junk in p/x against a very nice E36 Compact before someone real just came and gave me money and took it away. You are not alone I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...