Autoshite Grand Tourers

They_all_do_that_sir

One of the later Bristols (603, Beaufighter, Brigand etc.)? They've always struck me as a bit shite with their obvious parts bin raiding and weird looks, definitely an acquired taste.

Or maybe a Maserati Biturbo? Or a De Tomaso Longchamp? Fiat 130 coupe?

Personally I'd have a Gordon-Keeble but they're not at all shite (except that DeBruyne thing that Septic guy made from one of them)

Just exactly how grand and how long a tour are we talking?post-17414-0-21157100-1482183473_thumb.jpeg

post-17414-0-95441100-1482183522_thumb.jpeg

To put how sensational this must have seemed when it was launched into perspective.

You could still buy a brand new Morris Minor or Oxford from BL, when this high speed V8, all independent suspended , luxury grand tourer was announced.

post-17414-0-18861000-1482183769_thumb.jpeg

I like most of the suggestions so far especially the big old left field GT cars such as the Jensen and Gordon Keeble, but the Scimitar is probably the best autoshite choice although even these are getting pricey now. Most of all I think for me it would have to be the autoshite Bristol Zagato Beaufighter with the targa roof option that wonderful flat rectangular bonnet and a slightly dishevelled air. I really love Bristols........and the cars are great too! Boom boom!

You can have a wee spin in mine when it's finished if you want Mr fake...

The ultimate in AS 2 door GT, if not one of the great Rover or Peugeot suggestions, must be a unreliable V8 American coupe. Preferably a crippling sub 10mpg, devoid of electric functionality across 50% of its accessories...

My Caddy fits the bill perfectly. As will any other US made 70s or 80s 2 door. They're all a bit, well, you know, "poor".