Nugget, the Corsa B that could - £500

MikeKnight

Vehicle thread is here for those that missed it.

http://autoshite.com/topic/19064-nugget-the-corsa-1711-winter-prep/

And here's an old picture.

20150930-04.jpg

The blue one.  :P

I've given it a full service recently (including cambelt), properly adjusted the rear brakes and as seen in the final few pages of the vehicle thread I've dealt with the vast majority of the rusty areas that normally kill these nice little town cars.

So if it's so nicely sorted, why am I selling it? Simple, it's surplus to requirements now that I have an estate car to use for the business which can carry FAR more and be much more practical. I cannot justify having three cars when I only really need two (sensible one for business/long distance and ridiculous sporty one for driving like a twat). So nugget has to go. These B's are not really worth storing long term either, I'll be in my coffin before they're enough of a classic to appreciate. I'd like to see her driven and used.

I think £500 is more than reasonable for her. I am open to offers. No xbox's.

Viewings/testdrives happily accepted for those who want to.

Worth noting that over the two years we've had this car it has never broken down. It's been from Stockton-on-Tees to London and back quite a few times without any issues.  Very well sorted and looked after by both Mike and I.

MoT expires on the 24th of May 2017

No advisories at all on the last two MoTs.

I passed my test in an M reg one that colour (Caribic Blue).  Good luck with the sale, despite the awful non handling they really aren't as bad as it's fashionable to claim they are.

They're better than that, they're the best small car of that era, bar none.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this, a sale I had with a fellow shiter fell through so this is up for sale again.

Not sure why it's so difficult to sell at this price. The corsa effect? "It's a corsa it's shit mate innit". Except it's not.

ANYWAY.

To reiterate what I've done to it.

• Full service, cambelt, water pump, plugs, belts, every god damn thing barring a complete tear down and rebuild.
  • Welded up all the rust holes I found, it's solid as a god damn battleship now.
  • Has a 2 pence piece welded into it, instantly increasing its value.... by 2p.
  • Treated surface rust and repainted panels to a high standard.

I mean hell it's one of the best 5 door b's I've ever seen. I've seen three. Only one was better and that was a garage queen. I use this b every single day.

How many times has it broken down? None. Not once. Ever.

Will probably raffle it if sale flops again. I desperately don't want to deal with fleabay/scumtree mongs.