Cappuccino Beige Autoshite on its way.. nope has arrived ! ..and now has gone again !!

Bfg

Cappuccino Beige Autoshite on its way up from Wiltshire as we sit here in the warm and comfort of our homes.. Yes it's being driven (MOT'd yesterday) but it's not at all glamorous, nor sporty, nor fashionable, but it is said to be quite practical in an economical sort of way.. 

post-20151-0-73391600-1481892740_thumb.jpg

no collection thread.., I simply await arrival.  eta.: 2:30 - 3pm.

Bfg ;)

Footman James Insurance have just told me that it'll cost another £36.21 to add this fine automobile to my existing policy.  Limited mileage again, but parked on driveway rather than garaged and with agreed value.  I can live with that.  :) 

post-20151-0-53035800-1481918050_thumb.jpg

post-20151-0-73374300-1481918069_thumb.jpg

post-20151-0-16515700-1481918089_thumb.jpg

..with an incontestable direct line of ascendancy..  this 1982 model is positively bursting with 602cc (not just cubic-inches !) of unbridled power..  You should have seen the way it climbed unabated this steep and treacherously curving drive.. only slowing thrice to drop a gear  :blink2:

My Thanks to Mr Gary Dicks / driver / seller / 2cvImports

pictorial elegance as ever you did see.

Style with such panache as only the Parisian styling boutiques are famed for

..well OK designed by Panhard (their 2nd attempt) - which was a little less famed for its styling :rolleyes:

But..,  It's the virtues of this car that make it special in the anals of history. 

..I'll list one such example when I think of it ;)

p.s. Perhaps Trigger has a contemporary Road Test on the fabulous (darling) Dyane that he'll copy for us here ?

^ Beige cars tend not to be in the premium price range ! ;-)   ..but add just a little sparkle and you have gold !  :mrgreen: 

I wonder how many people buy a pretty but scruffy car or motorcycle, or even a home ..and in the process of restoration - repaint it ?  As I've said before :

My owning a 2cv (or other A-series) is a genuine hankering for a simpler way of life ..not to be a dolly owner

Fashionable I am not ! :D