BMW, Mercedes or Audi - £1k cash waiting! - CAR BOUGHT - WITH PICS

Peter C

I think that looks good for the money. Quite tempted myself. Am i right in thinking the petrol models are less likely to self destruct too?

A BMW pez straight six is a thing of beauty, plenty of power and torque, sounds great, if maintained it will go on forever. Mine (wife's actually) is an auto, thus, as already mentioned by others, most probably suffered less abuse.

After parking up the car on Saturday, I moved it first time this morning (2.5 days later). Started instantly, no top end rattle, selected reverse without a clonk, everything feels nice and tight.

I wouldn't buy an old diesel, there's too much to go wrong and they're bad for your health.

• 2 weeks later...

After parking up the car on Saturday, I moved it first time this morning (2.5 days later). Started instantly, no top end rattle, selected reverse without a clonk, everything feels nice and tight.

After only a couple of days I would think so.

I liked my E46 330 Coupe, great for going fast in a straight line, but I was never confident on a bend, and it had new bushes etc..  When I first bought it I closed the window and the switch broke off in my hand, then went to lock the car manually one day and the lock disintegrated inside the door.

Not to sound like an arse but my early 75 V6 feels better put together than the BMW did.  No denying it was a lovely car though and your one looks very straight.

A BMW pez straight six is a thing of beauty, plenty of power and torque, sounds great, if maintained it will go on forever. Mine (wife's actually) is an auto, thus, as already mentioned by others, most probably suffered less abuse.

I wouldn't buy an old diesel, there's too much to go wrong and they're bad for your health.

Ive bought cars for £25 in the past and they've started up after 2 days. It's hardly asking it to complete the Istanbul to Liege is it 😀

This 320Ci I've been lumbered with hasn't run since the 5-0 impounded it in August. The vehicle contains ripped up £10 notes in a bag, drug paraphernalia as well as a 2 ft long knife/weapon with string around the handle. Lovely owner I bet.

Had a service key cut by BMW and the fucker started straight up - even the battery still held a decent charge. It's still scrap though.