Oh no back to flat four crap.

garbaldy

I may have done something rather stupid and after viewing last night have made an offer on a dog of an impreza,

I always said I would never have another but it's blue and I'm a sucker for blue,

So how hard/costly is deBarrying, it has a fkin huge coffee table stupid low front bumper crappy blue lights sits far to low and has some stupid listen to me trumpet under the bonnet as well as an exhaust I can stick my head up.

And if the above is not bad enough it's been parked up for well over a year outside on grass and the rad has bust when frozen,

So it only really only has one thing going for it, it's blue.

Nice. I found that in most cases I made a profit for removing council items like dump valves and extra boost gauges and replacing with standard.

Standard exhausts aren't that common but do pop up occasionally, I got a standard centre and rear section for about 40 quid all in from eBay, I did get bored of the quietness after a while and replaced it with a prodrive backbox and straight through centre section which sounds beefy without being full ASBO.

Pics when you get it please.

I've got a set of standard 16 inch wheels I could be tempted to part with for reasonable $ if you need.

rare

1997 saw Subaru win the WRC manufacturers title for a third time in succession. Even before the official announcement to the UK Subaru dealers, rumours were circulating over the inevitable release of a third special edition, with the possible specification suggested being very close to the final car. Available from April 1998 onwards, at an on the road price of £22,995, a total of 333 "Terzo" special editions have been produced (numbered 1 to 334, omitting 13). Terzo is Italian for third. This is to celebrate the third WRC championship victory in a row, and hence the third special edition. Specification for the Terzo is as follows:

• Special mica blue paintwork (similar but not identical to the current WRC cars)
  • Current style 16 inch alloys, but painted gold
  • Air conditioning
  • Alacantra + suede effect interior trim (Same front seats as fitted to recent STi models, but without embroidered STi logo, and red shoulder flashes)
  • Interior number Terzo plaque
  • Cobra 6422 Thatcham Category 1 alarm with remote central locking
  • Side and rear Terzo decals
  • Special Terzo floor mats
  • Non folding rear seat

rare

1997 saw Subaru win the WRC manufacturers title for a third time in succession. Even before the official announcement to the UK Subaru dealers, rumours were circulating over the inevitable release of a third special edition, with the possible specification suggested being very close to the final car. Available from April 1998 onwards, at an on the road price of £22,995, a total of 333 "Terzo" special editions have been produced (numbered 1 to 334, omitting 13). Terzo is Italian for third. This is to celebrate the third WRC championship victory in a row, and hence the third special edition. Specification for the Terzo is as follows:

• Special mica blue paintwork (similar but not identical to the current WRC cars)
  • Current style 16 inch alloys, but painted gold
  • Air conditioning
  • Alacantra + suede effect interior trim (Same front seats as fitted to recent STi models, but without embroidered STi logo, and red shoulder flashes)
  • Interior number Terzo plaque
  • Cobra 6422 Thatcham Category 1 alarm with remote central locking
  • Side and rear Terzo decals
  • Special Terzo floor mats
  • Non folding rear seat

TL;DR Clean it up well, return to standard, sell to a collector for £££

Well one week to decide if he would sell me it and here we go,

Take one pumpkin add some ifor w and were off,

post-3747-0-75904600-1481999757_thumb.jpg

Maybe I should stop off here and buy a shinney instead,

post-3747-0-76416600-1481999893_thumb.jpg

Now if we had vote for independence then a stop of at the toll house and show my passport would have been a pita.

post-3747-0-79447800-1481999988_thumb.jpg

England

post-3747-0-50909600-1482000046_thumb.jpg

Another mile of six and we eventually arrive at the farm house late as usual,

Plenty chat ensues and we load up the old gal and strap her down, of course I left the phone on the pumpkin so no load type pics, this will have to do an action shot while turning in the steading.

post-3747-0-38167100-1482000216_thumb.jpg

Definitely need a smaller toaster for it.

post-3747-0-59007300-1482000419_thumb.jpg

After driving at a steady 60 this car was up my arse and decided to pass on a blind corner and then preceded to sit at 45/50 in front of me twatsticks,

post-3747-0-30576800-1482000522_thumb.jpg

Some totty was spotted too

post-3747-0-10116300-1482000641_thumb.jpg

Then Scotland was reached once more,

post-3747-0-22793000-1482000703_thumb.jpg

Then back to the yard.

post-3747-0-66756000-1482000795_thumb.jpg

The old pumpkin actually tows quite well and apart from being a bit doure sits quite nice once upto speed.

I will update this thread laters as the waitress has just arrived with my steak.

Winning. That doesn't actually look too bad from what I can see, the front bumper looks like standard with an extra splitter, should be pretty easy to pull off.

Here's a standard one:

Terzo-Big-650x401.jpg

Smaller toaster, lose the splitter and ironing board, sorted.

Yeah the wheels are right, what I can see is:

Bonnet - should have 2 vents and a smaller scoop

Boot spoiler - should be less than 2 feet tall

Smoked indicators and possibly sidelights - not my cup o'tea

Lowered suspension

Not to bad on the grand scale of bazzing, but we've not seen the inside yet.

love the 'pumpkin' tow tug...

didn't know these 'terzo' 3 were a 'thing'/special edition - my brother is always looking at these for sale, n ive never encouraged him to take the plunge; they all seem to blend into the same pot for me, n ive been a passenger in one or two of the Sti ones.... im surprised that there is a 'collectors market' already for the limited editions of these; I didn't think they'd shaken off their chav/council estate identity that quickly; they haven't done so here IMO

The special editions are gradually on the up, the P1 and 22B were instant classics and you'll pay £50k for one and the other limited editions are slowly getting there.

Currently there are no series McRae, catalunya or terzo for sale on eBay, there are a few RB5 starting at 5k but there were more of those made.

I think the price for nice ones with minimal/non silly modifications will creep up as more and more succumb to rust.

Mine cost 1200 to buy and yes I've spent on it, but at £2000 or so all in so far there is little else out there that turns petrol into smiles at such an alarming rate.

I agree the ASBO image is still there and that's probably why they're still cheap - suits me fine.