Peugeot 307 in Devon - £120

83C

Due to a bit of a fleet reorganisation I've decided to pass on the 307 I bought a few weeks ago.

FB1E7C87-EA62-48AE-AB85-601B4DDB6506_zps

It's a 1.4 3dr, starts fine. Has a half decent CD player and 6x9 speakers in the rear parcels shelf. Has a recent new alternator, tyres are good.

There are a few issues, there's a rumble from the gearbox (clutch bearing I think) and an intermittent knocking noise. However, it's very tidy inside, the body is largely clean and straight, and it's got sub-100k miles (89,000).

Bad stuff - the aforementioned knockings and rumblings, it needs a new o/s mirror, and it has a habit of the left hand indicator coming on over bumps or when the wheel is turned left.

I had planned to fix the issues but since I bought it I've not done anything with it.

I have the logbook in my name, car is sorn as I drove it back and parked it up.

£120, quite happy to roffle at £2 a ticket if enough interest.

It's in Exeter, very near St. Davids railway station. I'll add better pictures later.

If you get some foam (from the green and yellow scouring pads is great, cut a cuboid about 3cmx2cmx1cm from the yellow) work the cuboid of foam at the binnacle end of the indicator stalk between the stalk and the steering wheel, trim if necessary until you can select both indicators and cancel using the steering wheel

Use permanent black marker on the foam for that factory finish :)

I know that, but I'm surprised not to even have a half-arsed question about it, nor tentative roffle numbers being asked for. Despite being the middle of December the roffles still seem to do ok.

Is it gearbox knocks and bangs or suspension ?

When does the bearing make its noise ? Clutch up or down ?

I reckon it's either suspension or maybe an inner CV. Gearbox selects fine, doesn't jump out of gear or anything.

I'll recheck later regarding the bearing, but I think it's when the pedal is raised.