REB's Wonderful World Of DERV - MavisNotMavis Lives

reb

The beam is correct, they're just very bright.

I now know exactly what you mean. I got flashed by 6 people on a 10 mile journey, at no point did I actually have my high beams on because they don't bloody work! Back to halogens fairly soon I think, it was a nice experiment though. May go for LEDs in the spotlights, the lenses on them are probably better suited to them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Help somewhat urgently required!

Due to the inability of taxi drivers to err... Drive, I need a new door. One has been found on eBay (it's even the right* colour) but £40 postage is a bit much on a £40 door. It is in Chorley (Manchester-ish apparently) and I am in Fife in Scotland, could a shiters relay be arranged?

Picture for attention:

70459bec5ea5a0e2fa6dc0464bce9788.jpg

ba1c74fac3a24776abc75c9dd4b217f1.jpg

f3918481ef941344d64813e923d7b617.jpg

Bought door and paid postage since I've been informed £40 is about how much fuel would cost. It's also a bit of an odd journey.

Sods law really is that if I'd been 5 seconds earlier I'd be looking for a new front end, 5 seconds later I'd probably have been fine. Both easier to deal with I think.

On the plus side this isn't the first time in my ownership the drivers door has been off, so I know what's what. Just need to find some trim for the rear door now.

• 2 weeks later...

It was bulbs, unfortunately due to it being in a crash at some point someones stuck the face from a newer one on it. Thus:

47f52d8deb79a255f1caeeac8ae7b91b.jpg

So we've ziptied it back together and either going to get halogen units from a scrapper or get the right discharge tubes. Whichever is cheaper.

We also found this.

b4e7dcd04c8a122edd003bbde90e501d.jpg

We don't know what it is and don't think the tape is factory. We are choosing to ignore it. There is no way on earth it is going to survive another MOT. Its getting a new shock and that's the last money getting spent on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to beat Moog's starlet (RIP little soulja) to be the slowest car at Knockhill?

I reckon I can manage to not be the absolute slowest, even if it means bouncing off the limiter all the way round.

In actual fixing things news, the washer jets resolutely refuse to work. In order to investigate why the pump isn't going it'd be ideal to be able to remove the reservoir, unfortunately Peugeot thought it was a good idea to bury it in amongst wiring and hoses, secured with pop rivets.

Help somewhat urgently required!

Due to the inability of taxi drivers to err... Drive, I need a new door. One has been found on eBay (it's even the right* colour) but £40 postage is a bit much on a £40 door. It is in Chorley (Manchester-ish apparently) and I am in Fife in Scotland, could a shiters relay be arranged?

Picture for attention:

70459bec5ea5a0e2fa6dc0464bce9788.jpg

ba1c74fac3a24776abc75c9dd4b217f1.jpg

f3918481ef941344d64813e923d7b617.jpg

Bleeding hell - never spotted this - I could have got it up as far as Penrith for you

• 1 month later...

What brands should I be looking for to replace the suspension arms with? A good balance of cheapness but not too shit would be appreciated! Not too bad a fail list as they go, at least I get to learn to weld now...056cc1416dfa8cdf325c3512d593908d.jpg