Solent shiters

Squire_Dawson

Think we were originally trying to accomodate the Squire who I presume goes back oop North before Santa comes.   If so, the only Saturday between this one and the evil day is 17th.  Which Mrs Rocker has not yet squandered.    Between Xmas Day and New Years Day there is only one Saturday which is Xmas Eve....Early January, anyone?

So, to dredge this back up - any interest in the hovercraft museum this weekend? Would be sat 17th and its open 10am til 4pm. Free parking opposite and whatnot - is that interesting to anyone?

We can do something else too/instead of - but this weekend is the only free one I have this side of crimble day.

10:30 is good with me too, depending on weather I may cycle down.

***EDIT*** Potential spanner > works interface, the site says they are closed for winter now, but that there is a 'Santas Grotto' event there this weekend. I'll give them a bell in the morning to see whats open, if the whole place is still open for people to wander around then I shall consider the opportunity to sit on Santa's knee and tell him what I want for christmas as a bonus, if its more limited then perhaps we shall have to find an alternative venue.

https://www.hovercraft-museum.org/

***EDIT (2)***

Blog sez its all open:

Nov 17th

Santa is visiting The Hovercraft Museum this year. Come down on Saturday 10th and 17th to meet him on our SRN5 hovercraft. The whole museum will be open as usual and all visitors are welcome whether they wish to see Santa or not! The museum will be open both days from 10am till 3pm. There is no extra cost to enter the museum this Xmas, but an extra £3 is required if you wish to see Santa. We hope to see you there with your Santa hats!

£3 to sit on Santa's knee is a bargain.

Was good to see fellow shiters again today and have a poke about the museum, I'll get some of the pics I got up tomorrow but I think the Squire and Mercrocker got many more than I did.

Plenty of new stuff on display since my last visit which was good.

Good shout on the meet up, Stanky.  I got to see the Solara (and Squire too of course) and although I took some pics they are unfortunately steam driven and won't be available from the chemist until after xmas....  

If anybody else is passing within a half hour drive of the hovercraft museum it is well worth a visit and very absorbing.   The big SRN4 is a truly awesome thing.