Berlingo XUD9TE project (Y THO?)

Lacquer Peel

• 5 months later...

https://youtu.be/ooxZtKwMpgs

So I still have this. Woke it up from a long slumber and it started no bother after a jump to the glow plugs, the battery held enough charge to get it going. It chugged a bit, running on a cold mix of used hydraulic oil and goodness knows what else I put in it.

Some idiot left the handbrake on since September, the nearside rear was locked solid but a few runs up and down into the woods sorted that out.

Even with the rear brakes mostly locked the engine pulled it up the drive at idle. It feels like it has a lot to give and it's like a fugging supercar compared with the Inca SDI, it also rides a lot better.

If anyone has a manual driver's side window regulator or rear brake parts for one of these that'd be helpful.

4b50bc14236afc13bff5797b7a3fcddb.jpg

Err... the hose coming out of the pump diaphragm isn't connected to anything. I hope you sort that out, as it needs to be connected to a boost feed (like the intercooler).

Damn, I miss faffing about with XUDs.

Err... the hose coming out of the pump diaphragm isn't connected to anything. I hope you sort that out, as it needs to be connected to a boost feed (like the intercooler).

Damn, I miss faffing about with XUDs.

Aye I know it should be connected to the intercooler. I haven't got it all plumbed in properly yet. Feel free to head over the hill and help with the glow plug wiring!

Aye I know it should be connected to the intercooler. I haven't got it all plumbed in properly yet. Feel free to head over the hill and help with the glow plug wiring!

I will when my project is done.

Glow plugs on XUDs. Don't be like me and drop a bolt between one of them and the engine block, not realise it's there and think you have a fucked glow plug relay for about 5 days until your dad looks under the bonnet and sees a spark when you turn the ignition on. Some brief needle-nose pliers action and glow plug functionality was restored!