Berlingo XUD9TE project (Y THO?)

Lacquer Peel

It was a false alarm. The short driveshaft was going in as far as it should after all, the long shaft drew in when I tightened the centre bearing bolts.

I'm a little concerned that the engine mounts lined up perfectly, shouldn't I have had to modify them?

From what I know xud9 and dw8 lumps mount the same.

I like a ZX as much as the next man, but

Just look at its pert little bottom!

attachicon.gifCITROENXsaraCoupeVTS-2032_5.jpg

What's not to like?

The rear lights. The chunkiness between rear wheelarch and window line. The stubby arse. The height of the rear deck. The colour. The disparity between the line of the rear side window and the roof line. The crease above the rear lights, which is hideous in a way a Xantia is clean-cut and pretty. In short, all of it.

Ooof harsh!

See, I like that, all of it. It's like a baby 406 Coupe.

Peugeot406Coupe2.jpg

But I wouldn't kick a Xantia out of bed for dropping biscuit crumbs either! Each to their own, eh? :D

How's it going up north lads?

Is that driveshaft in yet?

I've only just caught up with this topic - brilliant work so far !

It sounds like you've reached the most unpleasant part of engine swaps : sorting out the electrics !

I know nothing about XUs, but a starter should only have two wires going to it - if it keeps running, the wire you've connected to the solenoid is the wrong wire (or its other end is connected to the wrong thing).

In an old fashioned diesel, you should only have continuous +12v to the fuel shut off solenoid and the glow plug relay.