I am the Avenger

pandamonium

Posted Image

That interior is really rather wonderful. It's as though a leather clad sadist has designed a bespoke dungeon with the sole purpose of punishing the enthusiastic driver. Witness the gearknob to small to fit easily into the hand o aid fast changes. The steering wheel that would not be out of place on a trans-atlantic sailing yacht and shield shaped pedals! Heeling and toeing is impossible and the wheel is so big that a dap of oppo comes only after an hour's frantic twirling.

I love it. If it comes up for sale I will buy it.

There are some cars that define shite, and are only really driven be a true shiter. Panda you have joined the upper echelons of eccentric car ownership and I salute you, sir.

I love it. If it comes up for sale I will buy it.

I'll hold you to that!

It truly is shite. After the relative luxury of the Mazda, it is like driving a tank - but I love it!

I've now replaced the engine and gearbox mounts, so it no longer feels like it is going to shake itself to pieces!

Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

An engine pic just for the hell of it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice one!! That's a real beauty vou've got there. I'm on my 12th avenger now :roll: I've got a 1971 4dr 1500, Very standard looking, 1600cc now, aound 110bhp.My other one is a 1979 Talbot Avenger 4dr in turquoise with a 70's vinyl roof, that one is 100% standard.Will, The Madwelshman

• 2 weeks later...