Longbridge future

Dick Longbridge

I'd imagine it would cost more to sell off the parts than it would to bin the lot administratively speaking. How many Rover 45 body shells do we need? I heard Rimmer brothers had sold next to none of them, whose going to reshell a 45? In 20 years possibly but it's a big item to store all those years

I guess that's the reality. Still think there must be someone, somewhere who could agree a basic receipt in return for a shell, where it's stated as scrap?

On a different note, there were definitely some tunnels still open* 11 months ago...

http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/topic/10266-longbridge-tunnels-and-boiler-house-jan-2016/

post-4721-0-51876200-1480100090_thumb.png

post-4721-0-32550900-1480100147_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Faced with the prospect of an £8000 MG3, having been in one, I'd spend my money on something second hand. Everything felt cheap and nasty, it felt like it'd be no time before the trim was creaking. It looks cack as well.

Therefore when they are £300 I'd have one, but spending real money on one? Not a chance!

Faced with the prospect of an £8000 MG3, having been in one, I'd spend my money on something second hand. Everything felt cheap and nasty, it felt like it'd be no time before the trim was creaking. It looks cack as well.

Therefore when they are £300 I'd have one, but spending real money on one? Not a chance!

They look a bit classier than most £8k new cars.

Guest Lord Sward

St Modwen have apparently had the site lease handed back to them from MGM UK/SAIC. 

Doesn't sound good. 

There was 90 years left to run on the lease.  I wouldn't like to have negotiated the 'out' on that deal.

Guest Lord Sward

Sad times. I still want that TF though.

\

Unfortunately, I bought the last British TF. And thats the way it'll stay unfortunately.

\

Unfortunately, I bought the last British TF. And thats the way it'll stay unfortunately.

Have I broken down in front of you at Gaydon? My MGF did a coolant wee in front of someone with a Monogram TF who said it was one of the last. 

They were nice, they let me use their breakdown cover and ting. 

Guest Lord Sward

Mine wasn't Monogram.  It was Sonic Blue.  And I sold it following another one of my masterful* career changes. But its in the hands of a collector who is very keen on the car.

\

Good work. How did you manage to bag that one, then?

The very last British TF has my name on it though. I just need to work out how to get the shell out of the place before the blatantly imminent demolition.

So they've handed the lease back then? Doesn't surprise me, the operation must have lost billions by now, and the lease for that place must have been astronomical

Allegedly. I need a bit more than FB group chatter to be absolutely certain.

I'll ask my source tomorrow and hopefully the St Modwen office will come back with a yes/no on the situation.

St Modwen also own the land Goodyear Bushbury Lane sits/sat on; most of that's been built on now, too.