BMW 318. *Drawing NOW*

Jim Bell

• 2 weeks later...

Any resident BMW experts able to advise what kit / software one might need to a) put the airbag light out again, and B) disable the passenger airbag.

I've now had the code read, and it's high resistance on the drivers' seat sensors (but still present, according to a very flash bit of kit that was reading the codes).  I'll try wiggling the connectors to see if it's just the connector gone a bit furry or something.

I've done about 600 miles in this so far, and it's a reasonably comfortable thing and generally a nice place to be.  I've been averaging 35MPH, according to the lie-o-meter, which would be pretty reasonable if it's actually the case.  Certainly it's not glugging it down like the LS400 was capable of doing, but going to a petrol station is for some reason alien to me over the last 4 months..

Since it's a nice day and I didn't* have anything better to do like rebuild a mailserver, I* gave it a wash off and took some piccytures.

I think WW is about to come in and drop a price in, but I'll subsidise purchase by any Scottish shiters, particularly those near Aberdeenshire, because I have a Legacy to collect ASAP.

post-4015-0-90884700-1519475702_thumb.jpg

post-4015-0-47675500-1519475715_thumb.jpg

post-4015-0-76507100-1519475726_thumb.jpg

post-4015-0-31220400-1519475736_thumb.jpg

WW_Snr has obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, it's a really nice drive.  I'd probably even keep it if it was an AWD estate car with a bigger engine.  BAD THINGS: The NSR window falls down on it's own.  I haven't looked into it, but a used regulator can be found on popular auction sites for £17.  The handbrake, er, doesn't.

It's got MOT until December (C2JVV for the history, the private plate has just come off) and I believe is taxed to get you home, mate.

Replying to a PM in the thread, for full disclosure and in fairness to all shiters, as [edited to finish sentence] the answers are relevant to anyone interested.

how longve you had the BMW?

I haven't, it's WW's, and it was his Dad's until he inherited it about two weeks ago.  See: this very thread.

Are there any mechanical or electrical issues ?

I'm not aware of any (beyond the airbag light already mentioned).  

Has it a service history and whenabouts was it last serviced?

It has some service history, I'd have to check how much (and I will).  Certainly it was serviced in the last 4K - just before xmas IIRC, it may have been more recent than that.

Are the tyres ok?

Oh yes, the tyres.  Yes, tyres are all good, and there's a second set of wheels (see the early pictures in this thread) which have a set of wintery tyres on.  I can go and take some pictures if that's of interest.

Also: Current location: County Durham.

Hi all, as L1 says, hes kindly bumped this listing with AWSUM pics as he is currently using the car as a stand in 2nd car, but it belongs to me.

Pops serviced it himself while he had it and while he could but theres no service history going back before that.

Might be better to direct any PMs of interest to me rather than LoserOne, or both. But not neither.

Pops serviced it himself while he had it and while he could but theres no service history going back before that.

I was totally confused by this, because there's a pile of receipts on the passenger seat. Together with a handbook from a Pug 206.  Nothing to do with this then, that's me being an idiot sorry!

Here we go. £6.50 a go, eyes down for a full house.

2.yes oui si

3.aldo135

4.flat4alfa

5.Tayne

7.FOAD

8.barefoot

10.Tickman

11.flat4

13.aldo135

14.Long Dickbridge

15.deejay

16.Cort16