The world's worst LS400. COME GET IT DOME!

Supernaut

Aye Big JohnK has upgraded to an E60 BMW 525d Auto (that I actually bought for myself so this is the second car he's pinched off me) and I got the Lexus back in part ex-

A2EA0A49-B0E6-4655-82E6-560D1B2ACB8F_zps

I've been using the Lexus for the last week or so and put about 600 miles on her until I dropped it at WW's tonight and it's a much better car than the BMW. I've got tabs on some later LS430's on my eBay watch list...

Apparently the LS430s can be a bit more electrical faily than the older LS400s. However, they're probably still rock solid. There are a few about for shed money, but they're utterly hanging and you'd need big brass bollocks!

I do find myself wondering if Toyota RAV4 steel wheels would fit, if I could find some with mud and snow tyres fitted already...

Actually, wheels and tyres from a Land Cruiser would probably have a more appropriate load rating.

After some extensive* ebay research, it may be possible. This LS400 uses 225/60/16 tyres, while the RAV4 uses 215/70/16 tyres. Pretty damn close! Now to keep an eye out for some steelies with mud/snow tyres.

Is there gonna be a bit of gang warfare between the Scottish Volvo Mafia and the emergence of the Scottish Lexus Yakuza?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

too late :D

The only battlefields are Crail and Knockhill.

M6 south

The Volvo Mafia ruled Scotland, but now the Lexus Yakuza have taken control of Aberdeen & the North East...

only nae fecker wants to go up their :P

With an LS400, you need the right balance for the sound it makes.

Mine is fine enough when going around town, unless you boot it up letting the V8 sing and letting onlookers looking for something much different! :D Only hit that it's not the original exhaust & it's making that sound is if you spotted it's not the original exhaust's. 

That said, since Supernaut is using his more "For the lulz" than as a luxury cruiser, I actually can't wait to hear it...

And when the novelty has worn off a week later, you'll be searching for an air box made from unobtainium.

Well, I figured I could just remove the front half of the airbox and hold the filter in place somehow, thus not damaging the front cover of the airbox.

I also have a massive barry cone filter sitting about that I could try as a temporary measure...

I also reckon the novelty won't wear off for me, because V8, and I'm a massive child. :D