The world's worst LS400. COME GET IT DOME!

Supernaut

Asked me if I'd take it, sadly could't due to lack of space to keep another car, and thats how Supernaut got it. 
Otherwise I'd have it to turn into a stripped NASCAR iinspired Trackcar... 

30485270881_f6c962006b_c.jpg

Lexbarge & Mason by C C, on Flickr

It'll be good to be able to dick around Aberdeen & the NE again with another V8 barge! :D 

That looks way less shit than is reasonable for a £200 car, like it has an engine and wheels and everything.

You can put the wheels in my shed if you like the concept of storing bits of car 60 miles from the actual car.

The farm is only 30 miles or so away...

I drove Mason to my parents' farm today, to store one set of wheels in the shed.

I decided to go with storing the fancy-pants O.Z. wheels, as they're utterly immaculate, and if I keep them away from the winter salt / grot they're money in the bank. The standard wheels are grotty but have loads of tread on the tyres.

I whacked the standard wheels on and rinsed off the O.Z. wheels before storing them.

Before:

post-19977-0-78862900-1479135971_thumb.jpg

post-19977-0-41861600-1479136037_thumb.jpg

After:

post-19977-0-75258200-1479136124_thumb.jpg

I phoned ahead this morning to tell my parents I was dropping past, but never mentioned what I would be driving. My mum basically rolled her eyes and let me get on with it. My dad, when I told him how little I paid and how much stuff I got, laughed and said "fair enough". When I then told him what size of engine it had, his first reaction was "open the bonnet, then"

:D

The high idle when cold that it does is amusing. When leaving, I just selected D and let go of the brake and proceeded to drive down the farm track at 20mph without touching the pedals. Hurr.

Makes me regret selling mine! Oddly, Mrs SL often makes me feel bad about the fact I let it go (which makes me think I have licence to buy another one some day).

I found mine acquitted itself very well on a long, fast airfield-based track. Something twistier with more reliance on frequent, heavy braking might have been more of a challenge.

Makes me regret selling mine! Oddly, Mrs SL often makes me feel bad about the fact I let it go (which makes me think I have licence to buy another one some day).

I found mine acquitted itself very well on a long, fast airfield-based track. Something twistier with more reliance on frequent, heavy braking might have been more of a challenge.

Like Knockhill, for example?

*sniggers*

Aye Big JohnK has upgraded to an E60 BMW 525d Auto (that I actually bought for myself so this is the second car he's pinched off me) and I got the Lexus back in part ex-

A2EA0A49-B0E6-4655-82E6-560D1B2ACB8F_zps

I've been using the Lexus for the last week or so and put about 600 miles on her until I dropped it at WW's tonight and it's a much better car than the BMW. I've got tabs on some later LS430's on my eBay watch list...