The car in question was owned by a mutual friend of mine and 17-Coffees, who actually bought it from RantingYoof of this parish precisely a year ago, when all three of us went to the classic car show in the NEC last year. That was an insane collection mission, ending up with us arriving in Aberdeen at 3am. This one was not quite so insane.
Our mutual friend, Dan, is emigrating to America tomorrow. His flight is at 6am. His parents didn't want this car left on the driveway, and he was having no luck selling it. WBAC offered him Â£50, I offered him Â£200. It has 150k on the clocks and some minor electrical gremlins, and it's currently playing timing belt roulette, but it has an MOT until JUNE 2017!
It was too dark and rainy to get a photo, but here's one stolen from Dan's facebook page of what it looks like right now.
Yes, it's an LS400.
- O2 sensors in the exhaust are a bit goosed, so it idles a bit high when cold, but evens out when warmed up.
- Exhaust is blowing slightly (Bad? On a V8? LAWL)
- Radio doesn't light up when headlights are on
- Interior light doesn't work
- Right rear door doesn't lock / unlock reliably on the central locking, so I'm just leaving it locked until I need to open it
- Timing belt roulette
- MOT until June 2017
- Came with both the OZ wheels shown in the photo and the original wheels
- MOTHERFUCKING V8!!!!
WBoD or what, eh?
Moog was partly right with his guess of a Toyota Starlet. It shares some switchgear...