Rover 216. The Bubble Kind. £300. Bristol.

w00dy

Hi everyone. Long time Autoshite fan who waited for my account to be activated then gave up, but it appears in the intervening years that I was finally allowed in.

I don't know if this is allowed as a first post, but I was hoping to find a home for my late Grandfather's little 216 and thought this might be just the place.

Rover 216is

5 door

MOT until May 2017

48k miles

1 owner

Drives great, plenty of pace from that sweet little K-series and it all works lovely apart form the Radio (which helpfully doesn't have a display, but I'm assuming it wants a code). Always starts up after being left a bit and having had a spin, all appears well and nothing wants doing. My Grandfather always had it maintained to a very high standard although the history has probably been binned by one of my family members aside from the V5 and the original receipt for over 2 grand which was the cost to trade in an identical R registered 216 which my Grandfather had bought nearly new and decided the engine was too loud (Rover said it was within tolerance, but given the trade in value they must not have wanted it back!). A few scuffs and marks, but it's otherwise good with an excellent interior.

aeNj1vT.jpg

tgyFDzW.jpg

0DedtNS.jpg

I'd need notice if you wanted to come and see it since I'm not in Bristol, but collection from Bristol Parkway is no bother.

As penance for rude entrance, enjoy* this video of the 200 press launch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEkIo5OrAms

How about £250? Great little car, but it seems none of my friends appreciate faux walnut and a perforated leather steering wheel. Philistines.

The garage he always used is just down the road so could probably offer some idea of the history and expense this little stunner has had bestowed upon it.