C15 thread

bub2006

Mine hasnt got gutters on the roof of the van though. I may be interested in you showing me round a welder though. I want to sort out the bum rot when funds pic up.

ive got a tranny to weld up at the weekend,so will have loads of gas/wire/plate left over,so just nip it over and have a go,i will intervene if it goes tits up.sure they had a gutter,maybe im wrong,but its a piece of piss to knock summat up out of box steel.

EDIT i see what you meen about the gutters now,ive just googled this,easily made me thinks.

post-20145-0-35547100-1478737156_thumb.jpg

There was a roof rack for sale on the Citroen Car Club website for £40 in West London, last post 23rd Oct and nothing to say it is sold.

It is a club members only site so I have PM the seller to see if it is still for sale. I did think of just buying it at the time but I don't want it permanently on the van, so it would end up one more thing to store.

There was a roof rack for sale on the Citroen Car Club website for £40 in West London, last post 23rd Oct and nothing to say it is sold.

It is a club members only site so I have PM the seller to see if it is still for sale. I did think of just buying it at the time but I don't want it permanently on the van, so it would end up one more thing to store.

Not got the funds yet but it will be worth knowing if it's available. Thank you.

If you make a roof rack out of a bed frame you could keep the mattress and have a summer open top camper van!

I had a full length rack (with sides) on a Disco. I was known to lay on it in a sleeping bag/or summer watching stars & fall asleep at times. I once managed to roll off the edge after too many ciders, no idea how I wasn't even bruised. To make it worse with the mods the car was about 4-5" higher than standard.

I don't know if I count as knowledgeable but happy to look over it as we discussed. Best bet is to wire brush the worst off though as makes it much easier to work out what's needed. Whatever we think needs doing will only be the half of it though as it's ALWAYS worse than you first think.

I would consider myself competent with a welder, but I would think twice before fixing that. The hole itself doesnt look too bad, but access isnt easy, the end of the chassis leg looks pretty grotty in the first pic and may very well be an indicator of problems elsewhere.

Im not saying its fucked, but it needs looked at in person by someone who knows, and its probably not an ideal thing to learn on beyond lashing a "one more year" MOT patch over it.

I would like it sorted, sills seem solid and definitely aren't crunchy. It would be worth fixing in my opinion. But as I said I am not that knowledgeable with what's doable. Engines, repairs and if sills look crunchy etc I can tell or fix but welding is a no at the moment