C15 thread

bub2006

I think that fella is following you......

Seriously though it's like a shite version of shipping wars. If they do another series you should apply to go on it. Spend the fees on an LDV lol

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The odd fella in the black coat? Yea he was bloody everywhere. Like the tailgating microcar all way to Macclesfield. Shipping wars could be fun. Not be many angry fat fellas in a old French van!

Headlight advice please welcomed. The headlights on the c15 are dire. I've got h4 bulbs with the large collors on seated correct so decent bulbs. The reflection inside the bottom of the lamp has deteriorated so that needs to be addressed first. Can they be recorded? Also do the headlamp run through a relay? If not would fitting one make a difference?

• 4 weeks later...

Right boys and girls, settle down and settle in for an update. I went over to storage for some bits the other day and on the way back the van blew the rad. Looks like a bullet exit wound under bonnet. I was only 6 mile from home so regular water top ups and steady driving seen me and the boy blunder home without issue. Cleaned rad and fitted it. Bled out and the coolant seemed to get hot pretty fast. Took it a steady run down the way and back only a couple of miles and it's not looking good. It has a really loud metallic ringing at idle, coolant has a steady stream of small bubbles and the engine is breathing really heavy,smokeout of every orifice and smells of burning hot oil.

I've said to the wife I'd like a project but it looks like one has found me! The van needs a few bits so here goes

Engine work(swap or repair)

Tyres getting ready

Rear beam repaired or replaced

Speedo drive swapping over

Welding on rear end and sill

Driveshafts and a top mount

Door and windscreen seals as it's letting water in somewhere.

Rust remedy around the windscreen.

Going to take some time on my hours but I know what it needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks. I've made a decision and sadly it's not looking too good. The situation I'm in means I can't afford to do all the work on the van and I've not enough jobs coming in to warrant the repairs. It owes me nearly £300 that I've put in to it, mot due in April. Needs engine looking at, back axle is knock kneed, needs a bit of welding and let's water in somewhere. I'd like to try and let it go to someone rather than scrap it. Any interest in it please speak up. I don't want much for it, just enough to sort the c2 niggles and to make a decent donation back to this fine place as has been discussed with others. I've some spares but I'm going to ask foad whether he wants them back. It does start and run but no guarantees on how far, has some paperwork and mot till April