Saab EMS 15" alloys for sale

Justin Case

Clearing out time so a set of five Saab EMS alloys as in photo (not mine but computer throwing toys out of pram when asked to load photos :() reluctantly* have to go 15" 4 stud, in good condition, but have been stood in the garage for a while so would benefit from refinishing. Will fit 99 from 1975-1981 and 900 from 1979-1981 (ie with handbrake operating on front calipers) Very rare, but not certain about value, say a tenner each including shiters discount.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=saab+ems&view=detailv2&&id=AB9E09A6D11F46C9F6FD488CEA4090C7C718A17E&selectedIndex=11&ccid=vV3a8BHM&simid=6080 16853208860629&thid=OIP.Mbd5ddaf011cce31f0854c6061ee680e6o0&ajaxhist=0

PCD appears to be 4 x 108mm, so might fit others, but please check first. Collect from Walsall WS1, but will help with shitely delivery service or even deliver locally

Thanks, I stand corrected. :oops: Yes the handbrake worked on the front  wheels until 1987 (my 1987 pre-facelift model had that arrangement) What changed was the front hubs (I think) so the earlier wheels won't fit onto the later, post 81 cars. The pre 74 cars had yet a different arrangement with separate  drums and shoes inside the discs :shock: so it unlikely that later wheels will fit :( All my Saab stuff has been packed away so it is a question of of vague memory or even vaguer guessing*

* Taken from the shiters guide to successful selling ;)

I know that the front hubs changed in 1981 but I didn't think that made any difference to the wheels that would fit, I could be wrong though.

Up to 1974 had a smaller centre bore but that didn't stop the previous owner of my 1979 99 from fitting a set of pre-74 EMS/GLE wheels :shock: The drums inside discs handbrake arrangement was used by Volvo and, I think, Mercedes too, though on the rear of course.

I'd love them, the 99 I have has some hideous looking, rusty steelies on. Usually steels are fine with me, but in this case given the option these would be great. 

PCD should be the old 4.5 inch I thnk, rather than 108. 

You have a reply, sorry about delay but interweb connection has been playing up (Firefox say 'Piss Off' ;)) They well be 4.5", I took the information from a tyre website, I'll check in the daylight.

Pcd should be 4x 114.3mm/4.5" and as said above, there is a difference in hub centre diameters between earlier and later 99's.

Soccerballs are 4.5" wide so 175 width tyres are about the widest.

BMW Mini 175/65/15 are a common tyre and good choice for a 99.

Early EMS were fitted with 165/15's and later ones 1976/77 on fitted with 175/70/15's

• 1 month later...