Fleet Suggestions - Buyernationz DUN!

320touring

As seen from my sundry threads, the old 320touring fleet is undergoing a touch of a clear out at the moment. I need the combined intellect* of autoshite to help me lot..

The Lupo is away and the Vectra is due to raffle on Saturday.

This is all well and good, however the vehicles above formed the daily drivers..

To whit, the plan is as follows:

Ra burd will get her Clio 172 back on the road (likely to take a couple of weeks).we may need an interim vehicle to cover.

I am starting a new Job with a fair bit more commuting so need a diesel. This is likely to be something from the VAG stable as I've decided I prefer them to old French stuff..

So I'm open to suggestions from you chaps re potential cars

Some things to note- the burd works at a pure posh hotel, so any suggestions for her conveyance need to be presentable.She doesn't do too many miles, so it can be petrol and larger engined if needs be.

I want something at least golf/Leon sized for comforts as doing long trips. I'd have kept the lupo if I wasn't having to do Motorway work.

Cheers!

Interesting suggestion! 3 things put me off:

1. Its in my home town, so its likely fucked and full of needles

2. I find the 75 driving position awkward

3. Changing an air filter on an m47 is likely to induce rage the levels of which are hitherto unknown..

Good start though:)

Viewings has commenced..

Starting off with a 1997 Seat Alhambra 1.9tdi..

Drove really well apart from:

Speedo doesn't work

Brakes were obviously an optional extra.

Front exhaust blowing like a whore on a Saturday night.

Vendor offered 150 off the price. I said I'd think about it..

post-17572-0-08849500-1478133789_thumb.jpg

Cheap Saab estate for sale
1.9TiD 150bhp

Has had new genuine saab flywheel, release bearing and clutch, new gearbox oil and clutch fluid. Has 4 new tyres, new oil, filters etc and disks and pads last service (july).

Mot due july 17, currently still taxed and insured. Has 2 previous keepers. 2 keys. 163k. Good service history, cam belt and water pump was done @ interval. Stamped service book. Really nice to drive with Plenty of torque.

Car has a few scratches to paintwork hence the price. I was going to use it as a donor for my other Saab but have lost storage space, hence the flywheel and clutch being sorted to sell.

£900 open to offers. Car is based in Bridgend. Averages 42-43around town, when I bought it sat at 60on motorway it gave over 60mpg.

cant share as closed group on fb :rolleyes:

post-4817-0-75028700-1478130214_thumb.jpg

Not a bad shout! same m47 Air filter issues as the Rover 75 above, and they can be a pig to work on, but RWD and an estate..

That's exactly what you want as to me when someone says that, its all my Chrimbos come at once.

Yes and no - if he takes a 1/3 off when you as what he wants for it, then follows up with a txt, its hard to discern whether he wants rid, or its fucked.

I priced up what it needs and £100 would see it right..

How big do you need? Friends have a diesel Fabia estate which I find roomy enough in both front and back seats. It seems to be a good motorway performer, but I admit that opinion is based on the two miles of the Aston Expressway.

THe Fadbia has crossed my mind -  a nice lil 1.9tdi estate would work well

Diesel Streetwise?

LOL

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Not sure where this fits in exactly, but you know you want it. Probably.

I am neither executive or thrusting enough for such a chariot!

If you're considering a VAG diesel you could look at a Volvo 850 Tdi or pre 2000 V70.  They seem more reliable than the Audi A6 that used that engine, plus you're Scots so a Volvo is pretty much your homing instinct.

A good shout- they are kinda on the list!

For your good lady, how about a Ford Cougar?  Quite obscure so nobody really knows how old it is, and people point and stare at numberplates older than 2001 so you can convince everyone it's a private plate.

hmmm, I dont think she'd like it..Ideally I buy a Jag;) failing that omething fairly modern

You'll get a 1.9tdi Passat with soggy footwells. They're not amazing to drive but they're good on the motorway, plenty space etc.

Anything cheap with a modern TDCi type setup will be a horror show.

I am trying to avoud most common rail nonsense!

you're no doing too well at this;)

Trusted Shiter ZX TUD estate loan scheme..?

I'd say no, but I understand that it'd enable a certain Y10..

Merc CDI estate. If you get one which has been looked after it'll be reliable.

I'd rather an OM606 powered beast -much easier to boost and veg friendly (would need to be at 30mpg!)

Cheap Saab estate for sale

1.9TiD 150bhp

Has had new genuine saab flywheel, release bearing and clutch, new gearbox oil and clutch fluid. Has 4 new tyres, new oil, filters etc and disks and pads last service (july).

Mot due july 17, currently still taxed and insured. Has 2 previous keepers. 2 keys. 163k. Good service history, cam belt and water pump was done @ interval. Stamped service book. Really nice to drive with Plenty of torque.

Car has a few scratches to paintwork hence the price. I was going to use it as a donor for my other Saab but have lost storage space, hence the flywheel and clutch being sorted to sell.

£900 open to offers. Car is based in Bridgend. Averages 42-43around town, when I bought it sat at 60on motorway it gave over 60mpg.

cant share as closed group on fb :rolleyes:

NO!

If I want someting with a sht italian derv lump, I'll buy an Alfa:)