PSA Shitroen Shenanigans - C4GP a river dirchy or should that be Oh rev wahh! p4

richardthestag

Is that the one you squirt in the intake or put in the fuel tank?

Squirt in the intake has half a chance of working.

squirt into intake.

actually took one of the sensors off the air doseur. the wynn can doesn't have any easy way of getting it through such a smoll hole. I found that the red strawer from a wd40 can fitted in it.

Installed #3 son in the car with engine running. I jetted the stuff in and when it started to bog down I got him to rev it to 1500 and let it settle. as per instructions on the can.

I am going to go over all the hoses etc on saturday in the pissing rain

what is the worst that will happen

• 1 month later...

new rear pads on the shitroen tonight, Mrs complained that it has just started grinding. 

the training is working you see, last time she moaned that I dont look after her car as it has been making a grinding noise for weeks.

anyway all done. dust shields on the rear calipers are both torn. the car is going this autumn though so I doubt very much that I will do anything about it.

Pug is for sale. Matt #1 son is off to Uni at the weekend and I need it out of the way quick

this is the ex 83C pug 307

no MoT at the mo, going to have a gander at it on Wednesday to see if there is anything obvious on it that it might fail on. If it stands a chance I might lob it through

the car is in High Wycombeshite HP15

Insurance runs out next week and it will be sorned

so what have I done to it apart from the bits on this thread.

not a whole lot, it had new front discs and pads and new rear pads.

fitted a new drivers door mirror

wedged some blue paper to stop the indicators doing their own thing

it still makes a lot of noise on acceleration, suspect a diff bearing is on its way out. the noise has got no worse in the year that Matty Boy has been smoking around in it. I will see if I can work out where the noise is coming from.

From what I can see there aint no rust underneath

the tyres all have good tread on them

It could do with an oil change - I never managed to get around to that, 

Matty boy will take what he can get for it, warned him that without an MOT it wont be a lot, as a runner maybe what he paid for it £120

Any interest on here?

Before I LOB it on the Bay or sent it over the bridge (which would be a shame as it still goes, stops and looks presentable.)

Ah, Kop Hill Climb this weekend is it?

I'll be there myself at some point.

If you aren't too rushed to shift it that's no problem, still got MOT until October on the Saab, can't see it getting another one very easily though.

yep will be there sat and sunday with rupert thestag in the paddock, my stag is going up the hill on Sat. it is white, shouldnt be too hard to spot. 

I do need the pug gone fairly quick as it is now taking up drivespace. like I said let me sus whether MoT is viable.

One just went* on ebay year newer, same engine, no MOT £150 so this is going to be a bargain I reckon

*winning bidder was a mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, stance like he is holding melons under his armpits arsehat - most likely

• 3 weeks later...

Mrs Thestag got back to her car yesterday afternoon and some bugger had driven into the back of it and then demolished a listed wall on the other side of the road. fortunately they left a note.

Mrs thestag however and despite much advise from me (away from home right now) decided to put off calloing her insurers until this morning. They are wriggling like fuck apparently.

they have agreed to take the car away for an assessment, verbally suggested that it is likely to be written off. and have also confirmed that a loan car will be provided for up until 4 days after the settlement check has been received.

Bearing inb mind I had no part in the conversation, LV procedure is to collect the car, assess it and then send a cheque. If you are unhappy with the settlement value then you can phone up and negotiate.

Surely in insurance terms a cheque being sent is the negotiation over and done with! ownership of the car moves to the insurer!

I suggested Mrs Thestag calls em back and says negotiation and settlement must be done over the phone.  

The bloody thing is only worth buttons but it worked and did its job. I can almost smell a cheque for £250 winging its way to me doormat and there being fuck all I can do about ongoing negotiation of the settlement.

post-3439-0-20924500-1507031368_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-66278200-1507031379_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-96824100-1507031392_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-29465500-1507031356_thumb.jpg

If you let them take the car you have less bargaining power, they can inspect it on the drive but they won't want to.

If you agree to it getting taken away for inspection then make sure everything you want from the car is out of the car as you are unlikely to ever see anything from it in the future.

You are in a much better position if you keep hold of the car for the time being.

Where did it happen Richard? Looks familiar.

one of the lanes up to the church in old chesh :D

Now I am back home had a look at it, tbh I can probably get the tailgate to close and bash the bumper back on again.

The car is running well at the mo and has a full tank of dizzle in it. so asked insurance to assess at home with a view to me buying it off them.

Mrs thestag can then look for another car at her leisure.

The car has a dent, ding, scratch on every single panel except the roof but mechanically is is not bad, good brakes and tyres all round, good engine and gearbox, DM flywheel and clutch replaced 40k ago and turbo last year. 

Makes sense for us to run it a while longer then flog it on with a cat c marker (probably) against it

Will it need inspection before / after repair for us to keep using it after the insurance assessment?

Cheers

Be a shame to condemn it just for that. With a replacement rear lamp it will be perfectly serviceable once again.

I almost think its not even worth the hassle of going through the insurance and then having to find a new car (as they will almost certainly write that off)