Project Pasta - two into one.

purplebargeken

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I failed on the photos!

The MOT is due soon on PP so I took it over to my mates place so that it could be given a once over.

Outcome:

One tyre is just about ok (o/s rear, the rest are fine.

Front fog light needs a new bulb

Underside is rusty but surface rust, however, the spare wheel well needs a small patch.

The upper wishbone suspension arm is truly goosed, tons and tons of movement :(  It be fucked.

Hopefully the one from the scrap 156 will do the job as that was in very good order and had been rebushed or something.

Need to get busy with the grinder and wire brush attachment over the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for shits and giggles I put a code reader into use. No codes found! :)

The spare wishbone is ready to fit to PP, hopefully next week.

Battery drain continues for some reason. I will check the battery earth strap, it bolts to the chassis leg and another bit latches onto the gearbox I think. Worth a look anyway as it can be a problem on some of them supposedly.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, finally got round to doing some more research. The dimly illuminated bulb that The Moog mentioned is a common thing. It appears that the light gubbins is part of the tacho and replacing the tacho usually cures the problem. Then again, until I get a tacho, so will leaving the battery disconnected until required.

Well Pasta passed her MOT today with one advisory - CV gaiter is slightly split but not blah, blah, blah.

The upper wishbone was swapped over. The main swivelly bit has a 5mm side to side movement. The squeaking is 99% gone. My mate said the lower wishbone is getting a bit tired and will need doing at some point over the next few months but it was fine for the MOT.

The tacho replacement still hasn't been found. The battery is goosed, it is charging according to my charger and the volt measuring plug in device shows a healthy 14v being chucked out by the alternator. However, as soon as you turn the car off it will not restart it.