Project Pasta - two into one.

purplebargeken

Battery was obviously pretty depleted as it is still charging. I am confident that this charger will rescue it though. It might take a bit longer than anticipated however. 

Once charged I will keep it connected whilst it does the maintenance thing. Hope to ring up an Alfa breaker today re: fuse.

The battery charger finally clicked over from charge to maintain last night, happy with that. Was quite depleted then.

Didn't get the chance to phone about the fuse thingy. Will try today.

This doesn't mean that the battery is in good condition though.... Could still have a duff cell. Will reach 12 volts and show as charged but still lack the oomph needed. Volts and Amps etc...

What do you think did the fuse PBK? Must have been pretty hefty to pop that bad boy

That could have either been Ken jumping it with the Olds or me jumping it using my 75 V6 with a new super duper battery  :?

I really hope this new fuse sorts it then Ken can start driving this fine piece of flying pasta.

• 2 weeks later...

The battery, fuses of the midi variety and some tools were lugged over to the barn this morning.

Fuse fitted, battery lobbed in. Vroom, dieselly running noises ensued. So, apart from the fuse blowing (likely jump lead caused), I would say that there is some electricity leaking somewhere. 

I have left the battery disconnected in the engine bay and will try and see if I can get the car over to North London this week at some point.

• 5 weeks later...

I appear to be the owner of another silver 156 Sportwagen. This is a cat c car that was hit on the front N/S corner. It will yield many parts including a leather interior, decent tyres, doors that are unscratched, unscratched wing and a myriad of other useful bits. 

Mine for the vast sum of £85!!!! Plus it is all of 10 minutes away. Fab!

Project Pasta is now outside the house ready for action tomorrow. 

I appear to be the owner of another silver 156 Sportwagen. This is a cat c car that was hit on the front N/S corner. It will yield many parts including a leather interior, decent tyres, doors that are unscratched, unscratched wing and a myriad of other useful bits.

That's a result!

This was one of the plans I had for it, but I couldn't find a reasonably priced scrap car!! I did win a saloon in a raffle, but unfortunately, the interior won't fit a Sportwagon!!

Glad it's getting some love. I really quite liked this car.

The Alfa drove beautifully yesterday from near to Chelmsford all the way to Edmonton. I took it to work this morning, a variety of slow and motorway speeds and it was lovely. I parked up at work and when I came to drive home it was a little stuttery/hesitant at times. Then the EML came on and the stuttering/hesitation continued. The odd plume of smoke out the exhaust was noticed too. The engine idles well however. 

Bloody gutted and irritated as I was hoping to sort out the panels and interior from the spares car over the weekend. Now I'm thinking it would be a waste of time.

I know feck all about diesels and simply don't have the cash to sort it out after getting the spares car. Fuck.

Yo Ken, http://www.multiecuscan.net is a free download and works with a <£5 eBay spesh wire like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182332464866 to do proper diagnostics on these.

Have used the same setup on my wife's 147jtd with no issues. Diagnosed a faulty crank sensor and cleared the code/MIL.

Smoke is possibly EGR as someone said but get yersen one of them cables and find out for sure.