Rover 75 2.0 manual, new MoT, £400

eddyramrod

It's a rear disc, NS I think.  He wasn't worried about it, we both put it down to having gone nowhere since the last test.  Same with the CV gaiter (nearside); it was an advisory last time too and he didn't see it being a problem.

As Mr Faker said above: Result!

Glad you like it. It's not a bad old bus. I couldn't partake in pies and cakes because my missus ended up at hospital last night and had to wait till this afternoon for surgery. I didn't get back till around 8. So no sleep since Tuesday for me. I am just glad I have space. Omegod raised a few quid and you have a proper car. Karma will one day pay us all back.

Glad you like it. It's not a bad old bus. I couldn't partake in pies and cakes because my missus ended up at hospital last night and had to wait till this afternoon for surgery. I didn't get back till around 8. So no sleep since Tuesday for me. I am just glad I have space. Omegod raised a few quid and you have a proper car. Karma will one day pay us all back.

Donations were made tonight from the funds raised by the raffle for the 75,as generously directed by Paul I used my knowledge of local causes gained through my work so £155 went to The Willowbrook Hospice and £150 to The Whitechapel Center who support homeless people,both gift aided so will be bumped up a bit and will be put to very good use and hopefully both causes approved of. Thanks to all concerned, especially Paul, take care bud !      

Glad you are pleased with the car.

The next time people whinge about the contents of this forum being shit and wanting to leave etc.remember this thread - because I absolutely fucking guarantee you wont find a group of people anywhere else like this on tinterweb.

I'll tell you what, this isn't the first time this forum has been good for my opinion of the human race.  Most of the time it's low enough anyway, based on experience, but then you spend time on here and get to know people... and the world looks a better place.

Thanks everyone.

BOOM!  Nice car, a Cowley 75 so cherish it. these are fast becoming thin on the ground.

My leccy seats dont work either, but fortunately they are set just right for me so I have never had them looked it.  Its usually a blown fuse issue but you could wire it directly to the battery and just move that backrest back slightly.

As I always say -

• Check the plenums for debris and shit, I hear you get rain up there  :mrgreen:
  • Check the levels and monitor the engine coolant temp via the digital dash diagnostics
  • Does the fan kick in?

These are far more hardy than people give them credit for, especially the KV6.  Unfortunately the clutch master cylinders fail and that is a big job.

Enjoy  8)

• 1 month later...

Now that I'm using this regularly, I have a question.

When I change gear going up, so accelerating, the engine revs don't drop very much even with my right foot off the pedal.  Is this normal?  Is it supposed to do this?

Also, for those waiting in anticipation: it'll be available again in the spring, if not sooner.  Manual gearbox, you see: no place in my fleet.  If it was automatic I'd probably keep it forever, I like it that much!