Am I doing it wrong?

Mr_Bo11ox

I think you need to take a tip from thedoctor. You need to make people want and fall in love with the car. There's no doubt in my mind if you gave the Ital this treatment, and I don't care if it's not generally as good as his cars; it would sell, and for probably more than £400. It looks tidy enough in the pictures, you just need to spend a few more hours making it photogenic, wait for the sun to come out and let it sell itself. I also find if you cover everything in the listing you don't have to feed off daft questions either. Great pictures, thorough description, start price of £50, reserve of, say, £400 - I'm sure it wopuld go. Even a 'Buy it Now' of £495 for those seriously tempted.

Well done for persevering Mr Bollox, but I fear the car is suffering from over-exposure - it has been on the market several times within a short space of time, and notwithstanding the considerable time and expense that more than one person has recently incurred in repars, it might appear to the potential Ital buyer that there is something fundamentally wrong with the car if it keeps getting punted on so regularly. Bear in mind that much of its target market may have seen it advertised online two or three times already!Alternatively, find a buyer for it in Malta and watch out for it appearing in a spotting thread in 2019. :)

Now how can i get even on the totally silent winning bidder? I have also found him on facebook, he appears to be a student at teesside Uni but I cant see his profile

1. Create a few Facebook profiles. Your initial one should be of a leggy blonde, a year younger than target. Location Teeside and join the Teeside Uni network and a few uni sports clubs and such. Basically just appear to be an attractive student there.2. Create a few more, similar age people, and then add them as friends to your initial profile. Put a few 'wall' comments between them revolving around how much you had to drink, how much you put out, skipping lectures and stuff. 3. Add target as friend - he will see an attractive loose blonde lass wants to talk to him and add her instantly.4. Target will then most likely have a mobile phone number in his profile - SCORE.Failing that, if he doesn't have a phone number visibile, you can then message everyone on his friends list saying " is a complete zebra-feltcher and likes fisting your dad."

Yeah overexposure could be a good reason couldnt it, its certainly done the rounds a bit. As for the primer bits, well it would look better without em, but I really havent the time or the space to do em as my workshop is full. If they were hiding some horrific bodge I might be more inclined to deal with em as they do catch the eye. but the reality is they are grey primer patches and nothing more, the metalwork around them is good and for £400 i didnt think they were a big deal. I personally would much rather look at a weld bead and a splash of primer than a bodyfiller + rattlecan job that someone else has done. Thats just me though, probably not the general populus.I renewed the carandclassic ad last night and have had a couple of 'sniffs' alreqdy plus this underbidder seems a serious chap so am feeling less despondent about it today.

It`s only been a month fella, cars are selling at the moment, just not that quickly, hell I used to have stuff 3 months sometimes, and that was with a 50-car main road pitch and £800/month advertising budget, and this is an Ital, not an ex-network Q aquamarine Corsa 1.2 with PAS and low miles. I absolutely dread to think what Hirst`s offer might have been, probably a case of Asda smart price scotch eggs and some Toyota Surf Runner brochures.

Last year I gave some serious thought to buying an Ital and set on a challange to get one (just so that I could say, yup had one of those) I remember looking solid for 3 months I even bid on this car when it first came up on the bay. The nearest I got was one not too far from me - guy wanted £400 but it was a heap and wouldnt budge on price. The rest were going for £500 + for nice ones. I'm still holding out for an estate (yes what luck will I have with that quest !!!) anyways if Hirst wants to go halfs on this one to save it I could be tempted :wink: Seriously though good luck with the sale - I'm in same boat as you and need to sell stuff first !!!

After 2 days of radio silence from the winning bidder i contacted him via Faecesbook, for which I had to start an account on that horrendous site. Anyway that spurred him into action because shortly afterwards the full winning bid amount appeared in my Paypal account! Of course, I sent it all back minus £50 as I dont want to pay their rip-off charges, but that improved my optimism about the chances of getting a sale. Now i'm expecting the lad to collect tomorrow afternoon. Fingers X'd!