Forse hail 2004 Shitelander TD4 epic winter shite runabout £600

sutty2006

Hail fellow shiters. I have up for sale a wonderful hippo of diesel nature. I'll start with the bad points first!

Slight misfire when engine idling.

Rear diff (or prop) (or wheel bearing) noisey.

If youre hard of hearing, disregard last point.

Intermittant Hill decent and TC fault (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Usually comes on in the rain)

202k.

Those are the bad bits. It was smoking its balls off, ive replaced a boost hose that was split and the black smoke screen has gone. Misfire still apparent when engine idling but no lack of power.

4 Good tyres

Recent new clutch

Recent new fuel pump

Regularly serviced by myself and the owner.

Lots of service history.

10 months MOT

Starts, runs, drives fine. Smells of Dog inside. I'll knock a tenner off if you can guess the make and model of dog it was. Subsequently has a dog guard fitted and a removeable load shelf for sitting dog on (available whether you like it or not)

It has a semi convertible roof which I have taken off and seams in good condition.

Im offering this up on here, because I dont like ebay and the timewasting tits that go with it. Its £600 for a reason. The body work is good, ive seen a lot worse on cars with 40k on the clock, let alone 200k. Its been used as a motorway mile muncher and to tow a hot air balloon occasionally. There is some minor scratches and wear to be expected but come and make your decision. I wont bite! If it doesnt sell, im going to use it as a daily until it does, as its good enough for me.

Located in Stoke On Trent. Not far from J15/16 M6. My number is 07738910361. Any questions please call my telephonic device!

Cheers

post-17429-0-94206900-1476451593_thumb.jpg

post-17429-0-79739800-1476451601_thumb.jpg

post-17429-0-05811500-1476451610_thumb.jpg

post-17429-0-43821400-1476451617_thumb.jpg

post-17429-0-86915700-1476451625_thumb.jpg

Timed that to perfection as I was tasked not 48hrs ago with finding a diesel freelander for SWMBOs uncle. Luckily he has a dog too so the smell isn't an issue.

(not much of a) collection thread to follow tomorrow once we've left the travelodge in Liverpool.

In the meantime, off now to have a few mojitos and see Divine Comedy at the St George's hall... :-)

Mrs_Diesel had one of these and despite the horror stories about reliability all I ever changed was 4 tyres, one back box and refurbed the starter solenoid.

Not particularly pleasant to drive mind, and the boot wasn't as spacious as she would have liked, but she liked the high up driving position and the dog liked making it smell of dog.

We've had a couple ourselves...both kettle powered and both have lived up to their boiling reputations but despite that, they're a functional enough beast and are quite comfy. My one criticism is they're a bit underpowered in 1.8 petrol flavour as I'm used to the D5 Vlovs so I'm looking forward to trying this one. So much so that if uncle in law decides it's not for him for any reason, I'll be more than happy to keep it myself as a WBOD.

That looks fit for £600! 

Can the hot air be used to lift the rear wheels off the floor and reduce the diff grumble?

Talking of which, the ex-pillock Saab 9-3 floppytop may well be surplus to requirements and in need of a good new home in the not too distant future if anyone's interested? Form an orderly queue, ladies and gents....

The ex-me Saab is also ex-stephen01 and ex-cavcrafty so it's got a bit of AS heritage. It's also got a massive wodge of receipts (wasn't it about £8k worth? I've got a spreadsheet somewhere) and apparently the sump is now spangly-clean. I loved it to bits.

If its of any interest, I have a RoverRon tuning thingy for this.
Its the Synergy 2a, comes with a replacement Pierburg MAF, the in car mode switch and original instructions.

Removed from my old TD4 as I am sadly getting rid of it. It makes a genuinely noticeable difference to the power and doesnt harm MPGs at all as you need to work the engine less for the same progress.

Caution - injectors, turbo and breather system must be in good order before adding this as it will highlight any weakpoints.

post-17837-0-50087700-1476514822_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-54884400-1476514871_thumb.jpg

250 quid new....make me an offer.

As promised, not much of a collection thread, I'm afraid.

Now back home, no filling station shot as the seller couldn't be bothered to drain out the diesel he'd left in the tank so I had to use it myself...

Whilst on the subject, top shiter A++++ wud rekomend

post-17519-0-29679100-1476558407_thumb.jpg

Anyway, initial impressions from collection partner (miss njgleeds) are very favourable.

It's got a bit of a misfire which is likely down to either a Dodgy connector on the fuel pressure sensor loom or a dicky injector. Investigations will commence in due course.

It's also got a rumble from the back end which I'm fairly sure is a wheel bearing. This could also be the reason for the third issue, the occasional traction control/abs light. Once again, it'll get plugged into the scanner on Monday which should shed some light on it.

Either way, I'm over the moon with it...you really can't believe the mileage it's covered by the state of the bodywork. It truly does look every bit a 40k car, and as for the interior, it's really not bad either. The (very faint) dog smell isn't an issue at all and other than a bit of scuffing to the plastics around the stereo which can be replaced if I put my OCD head on, it's in very good condition indeed.

The only other minor niggles are the handbrake needs adjusting up and the remote fob locks the drivers door but doesn't unlock it. Probably just a broken wire in the A post which is easily sorted.

This was originally intended for her Uncle, however this one has only got two seats and belts in the back as far as I can tell and he sometimes carries his four grandchildren so it may well be that I'll have to keep looking for a five door for him. Not that it's a problem as far as SWMBO is concerned as she's really keen to keep it herself as a WBOD which in reality will probably turn into a long term keeper with a bit of minor fettling.

Will update on Monday once it's been up on the lift and plugged in...

Just like buses, there's no freelander td4s for ages then two come along at once....

To cut a long story short, the 3 door Freelander only has two seats in the rear, however Uncle in law needs 3 seats to carry all three grandchildren so following a quick search of BCA online, this was found at Brighouse going through this morning. A quick ride over, arriving 5 minutes before it went through the ring resulted in...

post-17519-0-55359100-1476737216_thumb.jpg

Had to pay a bit more than the black one unfortunately but it's only done 85k with a full service history and full cow etc as well as being a five door which will keep the uncle happy.

Which means we've now got a WBOD for the garage in the form of the black one. Not had much chance to investigate this too deeply yet as I've been fighting with Fiat Scudo rear axle bushes all afternoon but I had a little dig before home time and found that unplugging injector no 3 has no effect on the (lumpy) tick over so I may nick an injector from the gold one before it goes to its new home to confirm that's the issue.