for sale Rover 216 cabriolet £105

Mr_Bo11ox

Alright gang, I've just been and towed this hime with the A-frame THIS VERY EVENING:

IMG_20161013_195127194.jpg

Won it off eBay a week ago for £85, but I have made an offer on a house this week and its been accepted today, so I now feel like I have got far too much on already without getting embroiled in this! Just not gonna have time.

Its a 216 cabrio with the Honda DOHC engine, 122bhp. It runs and drives and actually seems to look fairly presentable, (noting that its a black car and I have only seen it at night) Engine pulls well certainly.

On the downside: Failed its MOT on welding, I have not had a proper poke about down below so can't give you chapter and verse on that. Exhaust blows, battery is utterly paggered and the hood is a bit past its best although its not got any massive rips in it and the back window is still intact. 110,000 miles.

I paid £85 for it and spent £20 on pez towing it home so anyone fancying it can have it for what it owes me. Its in Uttoxeter.

If its too rough for you these D16A8 engines are actually quite sought after, (certaily sell for more than £105 on ebay)  theres no VTEC on em but they are quite a screamer still. Would be great to chuck in a 416 estate to soup it up a bit without going berserk.

I have only got page 2 of the logbook now, but I guess the whole logbook will come through to me in a week or two in my name.

PM me if you fancy it, I will bosh some more pics up tomorrow.

The original EBay ad is here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-216-Cabriolet-Spares-or-Repair-Honda-engine-/222260890468

Cheers, _Baws

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been tempted by this very car in the past as it is a bit of an eBay slut assuming there are not two early convertibles in black still doing the rounds. These R8 convertibles are getting quite scarce and having owned one it's a shame to see it scrapped for an engine, surely someone with welding skills on here could take it on as a winter project to give them a spring profit.