Shit Gear: Soviet Style

DodgyBastard

Please note, this was originally a for sale thread for the Autoshite Lada Samara, it went to a local classic car auction where it sold to an online bidder for £300.

The video did show three so called motoring journalists from Bauer media who publish magazines such as practical classics and classic car weekly.

Unfortunately they removed the video after seeing this thread so I made a couple of my own.

Here's the article that went with the video.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/blog/opinion/triple-test-communist-cars

I know it's probably defeating the purpose by sharing this shit but I think they are utter utter cunts.

Here's a few screenshots of the conversation I had on facebook with the guy who is "testing" the Samara.

U1pFk0j.png

h0JERaI.png

rCf7U5L.png

d1Wmuqs.png

hNejGJ9.png

GvTksc4.png

G5sikwA.png

S2s36t5.png

How would you feel if it was your car?

*Edit, they have now removed the video but don't worry, I have made my own shorter version here

And this Just in from Calum

1vN3eU4.png

ONE CAREFUL OWNER, NEVER RACED OR RALLIED. Except at Shitefest Cymru 1, by all of us :-)

To be fair, it's looked a lot more shit than that at various points in the past. I'd be tempted to have a go for a bit for a giggle, but logistics say not this side of Christmas. Soz.

This is the best the Samara has looked in a long time, I've even managed to pull most of the dent in the door out as seen in the first couple of pictures.

I thought it was worth a try selling it on here as this is apparently a forum where people love the unloved but I have a feeling that the Samara is just too shit for Autoshite.

This is the best the Samara has looked in a long time, I've even managed to pull most of the dent in the door out as seen in the first couple of pictures.

I thought it was worth a try selling it on here as this is apparently a forum where people love the unloved but I have a feeling that the Samara is just too shit for Autoshite.

It looks positively desirable! I hope you're wrong about the last part though.

You did try to sell it on Car and Classic and Retro Rides first though?

Yes, I certainly did. Getting money for a car is always better than getting lame excuses, too far, too poor or whatever. I've never really had any success at getting actual money when selling a car on here hence why using it as a last resort to sell anything.

Well that's told me.

It wasn't a dig at you honest! I just don't see why I have to justify why I didn't try and sell on here first. It's not like I've bought a car from here at a cheap price and went straight over to Retro Rides and flipped it for a profit like other people on here seem to do. The cheaper this car gets the closer it gets to banger fodder. I really don't want to be the one responsible for selling it to someone who is just going to ruin it and scrap it after all of the hard work that Will put in to save it and get it into a roadworthy state.

Granted it's a bit of a novelty car for most people who've owned it, I think it deserves a little bit more?

Erm....

post-5452-0-77173000-1476783491_thumb.jpg

A few weeks ago I saw a random part of a V5 hidden under some boxes in my bedroom.

On closer inspection it seems that John signed it and left it with me, which I have no recollection of. Does this mean that it is still mine? It would be a shame to auction to the banger racers

Erm....

WP_20161018_10_33_46_Pro.jpg

A few weeks ago I saw a random part of a V5 hidden under some boxes in my bedroom.

On closer inspection it seems that John signed it and left it with me, which I have no recollection of. Does this mean that it is still mine? It would be a shame to auction to the banger racers

You can smell and see the homebrew, mud and rain on that v5! Didnt I see you fill it out in the light* rain that celebrated the roffle win?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...