Sierraman's (dad's) Mondeo - Long MOT Hundreds spent Ice Cold Aircon M9

AMC Rebel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is now back at the garage due to lack of time on my part to fiddle with it.

The power steering pipe - which I noticed was a bit crusty a while back has rusted enough that fluid is leaking.

I also asked them to have a go at the aircon - apparently it was great when first gassed up but then the condenser went pop.  

More large outlay on a motor that in no way justifies it - except for the fact I quite like it.

Good going on this. Glad I'm not the only one who keeps a car going that others may not ( and by others I mean other shiters) There's a high pressure steering pipe on my Megane that's pretty crusty. It's right at the front, low down so it's not surprising really. It isn't long and connects to a flexible rubber hose before it reaches the rack so hopefully easy to fabricate.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Bastard old cars etc

Went out to bask in the fridge-like aircon (and go to the shops) to find it's decided that a couple of days after I spaffed another 400 quid on it, the bastard has decided now would be great time to develop a power-sapping misfire.

For 2p I'd roffle this and buy that massive Merc Coupe ...... 

Coil I'd say. I feel a bit bad it's giving you a load of trouble, it sounds like it's dealing you a bit of a bad hand!

If I'd known it was going to be liberating you of funds so frequently I wouldn't have put it up on here I'd have sold it on Bumtree.

No worries - it's all part of the fun, innit?

I am assuming that since this thread isn't littered with people asking for two randoms that this isn't going to roffle?  Even at a fiver? (which would be about a third of what I have laid out on it).

I am now eyeing the ebay jaaaag I have bid on nervously - but I will 100% cough up if I win it as I think it could be a barg.

I am assuming that since this thread isn't littered with people asking for two randoms that this isn't going to roffle?  Even at a fiver? (which would be about a third of what I have laid out on it).

I am now eyeing the ebay jaaaag I have bid on nervously - but I will 100% cough up if I win it as I think it could be a barg.

ur need the mondeo as ur daily if u win the jag

ur need the mondeo as ur daily if u win the jag

But I already have 2 other "dailies" - I need to do one in one out.

The jag will probably take unreliability to a whole new level!

Undoubtedly if it is anything like the last one I had - I don't expect to win it (which probably means I will)

OK, here goes nowt

2000 on the X Mondy Verona 1.8 Pez

Good/great points -

Only (almost) 73K 

MOT until 30 March 2018

Part worn OMG ditchfinders recently fitted - plenty of tread.

£420 spent last week on a new aircon condenser and power steering pipe.  Aircon now ICE COLD M9 and doesn't "just need as regass" as it's had one.

Loads of welding done for last MOT

Brake pipes and all four droplinks done for last MOT

3/4 Tank of fuel

Get you home tax 

Replaced parcel shelf with a better one and the strings to hold it up - also replaced broken trim in boot.

No gaffer tape required or present on bumpers

2106 National Trust Sticker

Autoshite dealer sticker

Period number plates

Ford Radio (not shown in pics)

Less Good

(This was the last straw) It's started misfiring - can be driven, but is plainly not quite right.  Forum wisdom suggests coil pack and/or plugs New coil pack fitted and seems to have cured it

Smells of dog a bit.  I don't have a dog and since getting it I have put in tons of Febreeze and other stuff - it's not bad now, but you can still get the occasional whiff.

Driver's heel pad just starting to wear through.

Lights flicker if you use the heated screen in winter - comes with a new alternator in case that is the cause

Passenger seat has a slight water stain from an incontinent bottle of spring water - will clean up but can't be bothered 

Only selling due to imminent purchase of ruinous gentleman's conveyance (and 8 cars being one too many).

£350 ono and I'm cutting my own throat guv

£5 a ticket

Location - LE12 5 mins from J23 M1