probably beed done before...but favourite "car" fi

Rocket88

Duel, particularly when the Valiant pisses all its water out and starts smoking up whilst the big truck is chasing him down.

I watched both versions of Gone in 60 seconds, liked the original better because of the cars... anyone interested in the dvd of the original? Not a copy, watched it once but that's enough for me.(v cheap - will abuse the work mail so a couple of quid?)

Still have to watch Bond-in-Tokyo, expect to see a lot of nice stuff for me there... hope to see Trafic (Tati) on the telly somewhere soon, also very good for cars.

Grand Theft AutoThe JunkmanFear is the KeyThe DriverSpeedtrapMother, Jugs & SpeedVanishing Point (the original of course)SupervanDouble NickelsMach 78Goodbye Pork PieThe Seven-UpsDirty Mary Crazy LarryEat My DustHooperTraficTwo Lane Blacktop..and the holy grail for me if ever I can find it, is a film from 1969 called " Safari 5000" (or "Eiko e no 5000 kiro" in Japan).

'Car' films:RoninVanishing point (the original of course)The Italian job (the original of course)French ConnectionNon-car films:La Dolce Vita (still the coolest film ever made)Throw Momma From the Train was rubbish, but one of the characters drove a Saab 96, so it wasn't all bad :wink: And don't forget 'The Wages of Fear'; trucks not cars, but it should still be near the top of any list

Well, if we're going to get in on stuff which aren't "quite" car films but have exciting car action, here we go!

Posted Image

European Vacation is an utterly SUPERB tat spotting film as it takes in a load of European countries. In the England section they get an old Maxi for a hire car and whilst trying to figure out the roundabout system crash into a Chrysler 2-litre which inexplicably turns into a Regata or Ital or something when they scrape down the side of it. What! Talking of Regatas, they get use of one when they go to Italy (with some bloke tied up in the boot). There's a chase in a Citroen DS too!

Posted Image

The original Vacation has the ultimate fictional Hirst-ride, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster. I would genuinely love a replica, then I could go round trying to impress supermodels in Ferraris. Loads of other 1970/80s tat in it too and a rather ungainly Vista Cruiser goes in the crusher.

Posted Image

To Live and Die in LA has an absolutely INSANE car chase with an 80s beige Caprice being chased down by an enormous Grand Marquis and some other stuff, it ends up on the LA highway system with a load of car crashes. Must have cost a fortune to do! I don't know why in some bits they drive on the left though. That's odd.

Posted Image

More storm drain action in Repo Man, a thoroughly odd film which is packed with superb cars including one of those odd-looking Cutlass Salon things.

Posted Image

Used Cars is packed to the brim with 70s chod.

Posted Image

Hell, even Short Circuit 2 has a weird Dodge Lancer (Turbo of some sort) being crashed into some boxes and ultimately flipped over onto an old Rabbit/Golf. And an incredibly odd bit in which a Dodge Aries K (FWD) done up as a taxi is shown spinning its rear wheels to get away from Johnny Five who has used some kind of magnet thing on it. How/why did that happen? It perplexes me every time. Did they go to great expense to convert it to RWD for one little scene? Could you even get an Aries K taxi? It makes no sense.

Do any of these films fit the rather loose description:'American couple steal cars, ring them, sell them to people, steal them back, get in trouble'Pretty crap description i know, however i once recorded this film in the mid to late 80's. Unfortunately there was a disaster of such a monumental scale it deemed a newsflash in the middle of the film. Having set the timer for the length of the film i lost the last 10 minutes.Despite the fact i can barely remember the story behind the film, i do remember being quite upset not to see the end. I dont remember what the disaster was either.

Clockwise, apart from the obvious ADO16 (Cleese obviously has a 'thing' about them?) there is plenty of '80s bilge to keep you entertained, my favourite being the Police Rover SD1s at the end....obviously.I'm a masive fan of French films so how about Betty Blue? a yellow Mercedes W110 and a bootiful black (and sometimes partly pink) Citroen DS. Great albeit strange film and as it was filmed in the mid eighties the bilge wasn't 'classic' then it was just old interesting tat. A Citroen CX Turbo also gets a fair bit of screen time and they even talk about its steering system in it.The Fourth Protocol featuring a young Pierced Brosnan, Michael Caine and a Black Rover SD1 wot drives onto the railway platform and does a handbrake turn. Lots of eighties chod again.

gotta agree wit what Hirst said..............but a bit sterotyped I know but these are the car films I have kept throughout the yearsTwo Lane Blacktop............a bit like Marmite.. :? American Grafitti.............damn its goodCalifornia kid..... shit movie, cool carHometown USA.........grafitti rip off, but funnierVanashing Point....original version, but overly pretensiousafter that its stuff like Overhaulin and American muscle cars etc, etc

I'd go along with virtually all those films - I'm not much of a film watcher - I get restless and fall asleep unless it has old cars in it. I think for cars per minute, Tati's 'trafic' is up there with the best. I found a recorded copy of Goddard's 'Weekend' recently - there is a heavy sub plot behind the car action, but if you're into 60's French cars - particularly crashed ones then I'd seek it out. I'm not really into bikes, but I have to say 'The worlds fastest Indian' is also an excellent film.